F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL - Intel DX58OG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL - Intel DX58OG

Hello everyone, 1st post on the site. I've look all over the net but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm running an Intel DX58OG mobo with an Intel i7 950 3.07GHz processor with 2 sets of F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL (24 gigs total). I'm having bios start-up issues and intermittent shut downs (no bsod). From what I've read these problems "could" be the result of improper bios settings for the ram but "could" also be a bad mobo. I've tried troubleshooting everything in this build (5 months old with limited use of the machine) and I keep coming back to these two possibilities. I'd like to eliminate the ram settings as a possible issue before I try dealing with Intel.

I've tried enabling the XMP in the bios (yes I'm running latest bios update) but without the proper settings the machine will not post. In fact, it won't post with any other settings other than having the ram set to 1066 defaults. I've tried a few setting changes with no success (more no posts for bios) that I've seen for similar ram but i didn't know if the combo I'm using (never found an exact match of my set-up) required different settings for the ram used in a different mobo.

Once the machine loads and is up and running (other than the occasional freeze and non bsod shut down) I have no problems. I've run Windows Memory Diagnostics (took around 7 hours to complete) and found no errors. I'm just trying to eliminate this as a problem and would love to see how fast this machine could be with the proper ram settings. Plus I really don't want to wait for a swap-out of the mobo unnecessarily.

Thank you very much in advance.

Running two separate sets in itself can be problematic as they weren't tested together and the tolerances may be slightly different...what you can do is ensure you have the latest BIOS, can be found here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...p+Board+DX58OG

Then manually input your base timings, 9-9-9-24, with CR (Command Rate at 2T (or 2N if the N designator is used), then since there are two sets, I'd suggest trying the DRAM voltage at 1.6 (yes it's safe). If that doesn't help, can try raising the QPI/VTT voltage a bit (maybe +.05 to start)
    Last edited by Tradesman; 10-07-2011, 12:02 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You'll need manual settings for this motherboard. I emailed you some, so keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry for the time between post, lots going on on my end. Thank you for the replies.

Tradesman, I tried your suggestion with no luck. After making those changes the bios would not post and it restarted back to the bios.

Gskill Tech, I've checked my email (and spam just in case) for your suggested settings. I double checked my contact info and it is correct, but I have not received your email. Could you please check the contact info and resend it.

Thank you guys again for your time.

Comment

Try these settings:

Memory Configuration Interface Advanced

Performance Memory Profiles Manual

Memory Voltage (V) 1.5125 {Default}

QPI / Uncore Voltage (V) 1.2250 {Default}

Uncore Multiplier 24 {Always 2X Memory with this CPU}

Memory Multiplier:Speed 12:1600

Memory Config per Channel

tCL 9

tRCD 9

tRP 9

tRASmin 24

tRFC {160}

tRRD {6}

tWR {12}

tWTR {7}

tRTP {7}

tRC {40}

tFAW {Default}

tCWL {Default}

Command Rate 2

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK, so these settings are working... Sort of.

My computer now recognizes these settings and will post the bios without any errors. I do still have the problem with the bios not posting on initial power up (see previous post).

But my bigger problem is that now I am getting a BSOD. This is the first time I have ever gotten a BSOD on this computer. The message says... "Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters." Technical information that was with the BSOD read... STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050033, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF800030EDA4A).

As I stated in an earlier post I did run the Windows Memory Diagnostic program and it found no problems. Now this was before I changed to these new mem settings. This is all greek to me and I don't know if it will help or if it has anything to do with the memory at all.

Again thank you very much for your time and effort.

Comment

Working...
            X