No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh BOY am I glad I did not go out and purchase G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM!! Reading this thread is a lot like reading the Corsair forum about their LED RAM and their Lighting Node Pro. I was sorry to learn that G.Skill went to ASUS for LED lighting control. ASUS software is as buggy as Corsair Link and NZXT CAM.

This is probably a manifestation of improper use of the SMB Bus and not having controlled access interlocking. It is known that ASUS AI Suite does not use SMB Bus Mutexes properly which is why it cannot co-exist with other sensor monitoring programs like LINK, CAM, HWInfo, ADIA64 etc. When you have uncoordinated access and locking of the SMB Bus by different programs at the same time, erratic problems arise that are inconsistent - very hard to troubleshoot unless you can get in there and see what is locking up the SMB Bus.

It's a shame that manufacturers rush these products to market with poorly written and barely tested software. The customers end up becoming beta testers, which is not something they should have to spend hours and hours doing unless they knew the true issues going in. Corsair does it, NZXT does it, and now we can add G.Skill to the list. Bad software can quickly ruin a positive buying experience and that is what is happening here. Corsair LINK has had major problems for YEARS that have been documented and are still not fixed. In their case, they are at the mercy of the OEM manufacturers of their cooler products (CoolIt and Asetek). Sounds like in G.Skill's case, they are at the mercy of ASUS, who also has a terrible track record with their software. The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by BillB; 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillB View Post
      Oh BOY am I glad I did not go out and purchase G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM!! Reading this thread is a lot like reading the Corsair forum about their LED RAM and their Lighting Node Pro. I was sorry to learn that G.Skill went to ASUS for LED lighting control. ASUS software is as buggy as Corsair Link and NZXT CAM.

This is probably a manifestation of improper use of the SMB Bus and not having controlled access interlocking. It is known that ASUS AI Suite does not use SMB Bus Mutexes properly which is why it cannot co-exist with other sensor monitoring programs like LINK, CAM, HWInfo, ADIA64 etc. When you have uncoordinated access and locking of the SMB Bus by different programs at the same time, erratic problems arise that are inconsistent - very hard to troubleshoot unless you can get in there and see what is locking up the SMB Bus.

It's a shame that manufacturers rush these products to market with poorly written and barely tested software. The customers end up becoming beta testers, which is not something they should have to spend hours and hours doing unless they knew the true issues going in. Corsair does it, NZXT does it, and now we can add G.Skill to the list. Bad software can quickly ruin a positive buying experience and that is what is happening here. Corsair LINK has had major problems for YEARS that have been documented and are still not fixed. In their case, they are at the mercy of the OEM manufacturers of their cooler products (CoolIt and Asetek). Sounds like in G.Skill's case, they are at the mercy of ASUS, who also has a terrible track record with their software. The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.

As each day goes by I definitely regret having spent ~$350 on these sticks of ram.

RAM: F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
      Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD3
      BIOS: F22

Comment

• Originally posted by BillB View Post
        ... The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.
        I'm one of those people, sworn to never go Corsair again. Though, in Corsair's case, a lot of their products have been a bit dodgy lately. From not the best components in PSU to rattling rolling pumps in AIO, the lack of control over the LED in the ram sticks was the final straw. Still got an HX620; a living monument to the true spirit of Corsair.
        Last edited by mycorona; 03-30-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Well as memory it works great regardless of the RGB. At least with the new beta, although badly broken I don't have to get a screwdriver out or reset CMOS anymore. 1.00.16 still has a mind of it's own just a little less destructive.

I still firmly believe leaving it as an open beta is a mistake.
          --------------------------------------------
          Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
          i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
          16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
          NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

• Help

eror
            No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"

spec
            i5 6600k
            msi z170a gaming m5
            Ram Trident Z RGB 8*2 16G
            psu 750W

Comment

• I have been dealing with the added cost and buggy software because I was loving one of the lighting effects the one where each stick would slowly light up from right to left, it worked well other than I needed to reboot once in a while to sync the 4 sticks. That effect seems to be removed from 1.0016 and I couldn't be more disappointed. I'm considering returning these if I can't get a link to 1.008 from tech support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bas142536 View Post
                eror
                No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"

spec
                i5 6600k
                msi z170a gaming m5
                psu 750W
                Do you have CAM or other lighting effect software installed? I found once I removed CAM, reseated all the sticks, did a clean uninstall/reinstall I no longer get that error. 3 of my 4 sticks light up although not in unison and one remains dark.

Comment

• i habe game add
                  But I tried to delete the program and it was not successful.

Comment

• Asus motherboard with aura software, cam software to control Kraken x62 and nzxt rgb fans and haven't had any issues.

Comment

• Help me

MSI Z170 GAMING M5

Comment

• Default rainbow working but I'm also getting no modules found message with latest beta. Tried swapping slots, that didnt work.

MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon (Bios 1.30)
                        I7 7700K @ 4.7 GHz 1.36v
                        16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz 1.36v
                        MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X Video Card

Edit: After uninstalling MSI Gaming app and clean reinstalling TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.16beta the program doesn't even show a message about no modules found. It's running in task manager using 0% cpu and 12mb memory but doing nothing.
                        Last edited by WheeLee45; 04-07-2017, 02:43 PM. Reason: Added bios version

Comment

• HELP

error

spec
                          i5 6600k
                          msi z170a gaming m5
                          psu 750W

Comment

• Originally posted by svan71 View Post
                            I have been dealing with the added cost and buggy software because I was loving one of the lighting effects the one where each stick would slowly light up from right to left, it worked well other than I needed to reboot once in a while to sync the 4 sticks. That effect seems to be removed from 1.0016 and I couldn't be more disappointed. I'm considering returning these if I can't get a link to 1.008 from tech support.
                            I still have a full copy of the 1.00.8
                            Intel i7 6700K
                            Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                            32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                            Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                            (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Well I RMA'd mine today. I keep seeing more and more people on here with the same issues. It makes me sad, they are continuing to go the ASUS route. My MSI RGB software has had 0 issues. As well as the Gigabyte GPU with RGB, not 1 issue. This problem is causing people to reseat the RAM, Clear CMOS, uninstall, then reinstall, all kinds of things, that seem to be causing even more issues.

I also agree with svan71. The change in lighting effects between .08 and .16 are very noticeable to me. I would guess, since people are having issues with one stick not responding. That G.Skill, or ASUS, are changing the way the commands are being sent to the stick. I do not like that they are all in sync, instead of fading across the sticks.

Comment

• I've also been fighting with my sticks and having very similar problems to everyone else on here. Been following this thread for a pretty long time, and I've tried all the suggestions that everyone else has said worked, but with less success. I have one dark stick that I can't seem to reset and one that I can get to go back to the default effect very easily. In order for the software to open, I have to have the one that I can turn the lights on in slot 1 otherwise I get the 'No Modules Found' error or the program just crashes. While I can get the software to open, there's not much it can actually do to the lighting on the stick. As I mentioned I can turn it on or off, but other than that all the effects do literally nothing upon clicking 'Apply' except for static and breathing, which instead of applying a static or breathing effect, instead switch the default rainbow effect to another rainbow effect, but instead of having multiple colors on the stick at once, there is only one color at a time and it cycles through the spectrum. While it is similar to most of the other problems that people have been reporting, my issue seems to also throw some twists in that I haven't seen anyone else have yet. I'll be following this thread closely until there is a solution to this problem or I give up and resign myself to just having dark sticks permanently. If you can think of anything that might be causing my specific problem, please let me know.

Relevant specs:
                                ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac (updated to latest BIOS, V2.00)
                                16GB TridentZ RGB Model F4-3000C16D-16GTZR

Comment

Working...
                                X