Hot enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot enough?

Here's the insides of my now main box, mostly built in August. No point showing the outside as the case looks ordinary!

Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    CPU: Intel i7-6700k
    CPU cooler: Corsair H110i GTX
    Ram: G.Skill F4-3333C16Q-16GRRD (4x4GB)
    GPU: Asus GTX 980 Ti
    OS SSD: Samsung SM951 512GB (M.2 AHCI version)
    Game SSD: Crucial MX200 1TB
    Storage HD: WD Red 6TB (second HD shown fitted was only temporary to move stuff from my old system)
    ODD: Random cheap DVD
    PSU: Corsair HX750i
    Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Monitor: LG 34UC87 34" ultra-wide
    Keyboard: Cheap Logitech washable. Yes, washable! I ruined every other expensive keyboard by spilling drinks on them. This is the only one to survive. Seriously, does anyone make a waterproof backlit gaming keyboard???
    Mouse: Microsoft Laser 6000 - manufactured Aug 2005! I'm going to be lost when it breaks as nothing I've tried since then feels as nice.

To do list:
    Tidy up the wiring some more, especially the power cables to the GPU look bad. I have improved them since the photo, but think I will have to go after market cables to really clean it up.
    Add more bulk storage. The 6TB is almost full (I have off computer backups).
    Add GPU watercooler - undecided how yet.

And here's an image I got playing with a thermal camera I borrowed. There's a hot spot next to the ram. Not shown, but a separate measurement showed the ram was 36.7C at the time.

Awesome! That setup looks awfully familiar...

Comment

Killer system, looks great too. Any overclocking done ?

Comment

Apart from the high speed ram, everything is running at stock at the moment. I need to work on getting the ram 100% stable at rated speed before I even think about touching the CPU, since my more critical tasks are bandwidth limited.

Comment

Working...
        X