Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to change voltage on Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Hi Folks,

With the F4-3200C14D-16GFX kit on a Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X board, latest bios (3.10) and a Ryzen 1600x CPU, I'm unable to adjust the DRAM voltage at all. Cycle times, frequencies, etc. all no problem but voltage cannot be changed above 1.25v. It obviously prevents me running the kit with 3200mhz and 14-14-14-34 timings, slightly higher timings work though.

Maybe some of you can comment on a similar setup? I should be able to adjust the voltage settings regardless of a successful boot afterwards but it does not even accept the input.
    I would like to rule out a mainboard or memory issue.

Thanks and cheers
    Attached Files

Adjust Voltage in BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Adjust Voltage in BIOS
      I know but it does not accept the voltage change in bios regardless of frequency or timings. That is the actual problem.

Comment

Here is the thing.

If you load the XMP profile it will be impossible to adjust the dram voltage manually. So, to run the above setup with max xmp profile values you should adjust the bios as follows:

Under OC Tweaker:
        Load XMP Setting = Auto!
        DRAM Voltage = 1.350

Under Advanced --> AMD CBS --> DRAM Timing Config:
        Overclock = Enable
        Mem Clock Speed = 1600
        TCL, TRCDRD, TRCDWR, TRP = 14
        TRAS = 34

Save and exit, check with HWiNFO64 frequency and timings and with AMD RYZEN Master the dram voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by sirkman View Post
          I know but it does not accept the voltage change in bios regardless of frequency or timings. That is the actual problem.
          That sounds like a very special BIOS "feature" (bug). I would ask ASRock about it.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
          X