Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Trident Z RGB work fine on my mobo GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Trident Z RGB work fine on my mobo GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ?

Hello, I planing to buy new memory for my PC and I fount that Trident Z RGB very interesting for me but it seems that many people have issues with that memory and I want to know if this memory work fine on my mobo GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7.

Thank You!

They do not have software available 6 months after release.

Let me repeat, THEY HAVE NOT RELEASED SOFTWARE.

What they have done is released 3 different versions of BETA software, none of which works reliably for the vast majority of users. If it did they'd go ahead and release it as non-beta software.

It has been months since the last release of beta software. G.Skill has pretty much gone silent on this as I believe they have what might be, for them, an unsolvable problem with the way the RGB functions are managed by software. I think they require that mobo manufactures fix their problem, which some mobo manufacturers might not be interested in helping them with since G.Skill partnered with ASUS on this. Gigabyte is pushing their own RGB stuff and their own RGB software. I don't think they want to do G.Skill any favors or offer them any freebies to get them out of the mess they have created here.

Many of us who started out trying to work with G.Skill to find solutions are at the end of our ropes. I feel like we were lied to, flat out. I feel like I bought a product in February that has never worked as advertised and that G.Skill has not made a single bit of progress on since May, the last time they issued non-functional beta software.

I come here almost every day looking for updates and hoping that there's new software available. Nothing new in months.
    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
    Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

But let me say this, the RAM should work as RAM just fine for you. I have the Z270 gaming 7 mobo, but my daughter has the same mobo as you, using the non-RGB Trident Z RAM. No issues at all as far as functioning RAM goes, not on her mobo or mine.

It's just the RGB feature that has been a complete flop.
      Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
      Intel i5 7600k
      Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
      4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
      1TB Samsung 960 EVO
      Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

The ram itself will work fine, the lighting will not work, gigabyte has stated to me and several others that it will never work with RGB fusion.

http://imgur.com/6manKMm
        Last edited by Bemelo; 08-11-2017, 03:58 PM. Reason: Added image of Gigabytes support reply.

Comment

Working...
        X