Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP : Phoenix Pro 60gb stopped working

Hi,

I was running my 60gb Phoenix Pro for about 6 months in my HTPC as the boot drive...yesterday out of the blue it started randomly crashing after 5minutes into booting windows ...after a few times it stopped booting at all. Intact now its become worst, the drive is inaccessible no matter what I try. Plugging into another PC as sata drive crashes that PC at boot screen and if I connect it as a USB drive, the partition appears but not accessible.

The gskill firmware utility does not detect the ssd in windows either. I already was running the latest firmware.

Is there any way to salvage the drive ? I don't need the data which is on it....please help!

Hi,

please secure erase the drice and re-install the firmware, as long as it can be detect in BIOS, it should be able to work. let us know if you have any issue by these steps.

Comment

How can I do that? And can the ssd be erased if its connected via USB?

Comment

please kindly follow the steps by the link:
        http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5721

thank you

Comment

These instructions are for updating the firmware ...I have already tried this but the utility does not detect the ssd

Comment

once the SSD couldn't been detected, the only solution is RMA, please kindly contact the RMA department: rma@gskill.com
            they will assist you replace the SSD.

Comment

It is detecting in bios as well as windows but the drive is not accessible but yes the utility does recognize the drive

Comment

use the Parted magic for the secure erase, and re-install the firmware, the utility should be able to detect it, let us know if you cant.

Comment

Parted magic

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6829

Comment

will check it out....Thanks

if the drive fails here then rma is the only option right ? also can u secure erase with my ssd connected via usb ?

Comment

Did manage to secure erase the drive using parted magic no problems but it didn't seem to make a difference..the drive is still not accessible but this time the firmware utility just stays at 'scanning for drives' rather than no device found...

Comment

I tried secure erasing again thinking I did something wrong the first time (pretty sure I didn't) it won't even let me do it now

Comment

this mean you stuck at the "scanning for drives" screen or what?
                          still can't re-install firmware by the utility? or you can check the notes as below:

Notes:
                          1. The updated software is not support Mac OS and nVIDIA chipset
                          We still continue to improve this update software
                          non-nVidia chipset Mac system upgrade FW user guide.

2. Intel RST v10 Driver will make the updated software does not recognize the SSD
                          MS Standard AHCI or Intel RST v9.6 not have the same problem can work
                          How do change intel driver or Microsoft driver.

3. Make sure the BIOS storage device are set to [AHCI]
                          If you have not changed the BIOS option, the default value is [IDE]
                          Storage =[IDE] updated software will not get your SSD information

4. Should avoid complex of the Update firmware environment ,And make a backup before updating

5. After upgrading Firmware, if computer can't boot or recognize SSD, please power off for few seconds then reboot. Upgrade will complete.

Original firmware upgrade tool

How to identify the firmware A or B

FW 4.2A download or FW 4.2B download

FW 4.0 download
                          New Features :
                          • Improved performance by up to 5%.
                          • Improved boot and wake up times.
                          • Added support for Intel and Micron 25nm flash.
                          • SMART logs are now configurable.

FW 3.2 download

FW 3.1 download

FW 2.1 download

Comment

Yup...I tried installing windows 7 on the ssd and the installed couldn't detect a drive. All this while I was trying to update the firmware via USB...I ll connect it via data and try...

Comment

I tried booting into windows with this drive as secondary but windows does not detect it...it still detects in the bios

Sata mode : AHCI
                              AMD platform CPU so no Intel rst
                              Last edited by abdultaiyab; 10-31-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X