Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I decided to separate this topic because it is very very OS specific as in ONLY some kernel versions of Windows 7 allows these kinda changes. All kernels over 16385 meaning 18xxx or 20xxx ONLY. Which atm as MS is screwing on their WUA quite hard you might wanna check that your windows 7 ACTUALLY is updating.

Now to the point.

the Voltages on page 1:
    * All over 2.00v setups are actually stable at -0.16-0.20v (example: 2.12v(on Gigabyte actual voltage 2.12v) would be stable at Windows 7 at 1.92v(on Gigabyte actual voltage 2.02v)) and so on.
    (As originally the voltages were calculated stable as What an Windows XP or Windows Vista was allowing and that is always 0.10-0.16v above what is the actually stable at MemTest86+ for example.)
    * Timings are the same exception that now that Windows 7 allows same stability level as on bootable MemTest86+. We can actually tweak 1066Mhz and other cool setups. So, they actually work at low latency and are not instant BSOD as they used to be with Vista setup.

I will be probably continuing this topic on some point as this is pretty new to me too, but I have ran some testing here at 1:1(950Mhz) CL4-5-4-16 and memory interface at 1100Mhz and CL5-5-5-15 still POST, is stable & actually stable at Windows 7 as we can now use generally higher voltage to push the limits what were under Vista, but will get back to the subject later on.

btw, damn cannot believe it's almost been a year since I created this topic.
    Last edited by genetix; 03-30-2010, 12:08 AM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

It would seem that the lower voltage + Windows 7 (new kernels) does some affect on error levels in the system. The memory can boot and function flawless, but in an active true work scenario of ""24/7"" (IO-)/stress this generates errors to disc specifically RAID disk with big memory caching.

This seems to occure, if conditions:
      * Memory is lowest (MemTest) stable voltage.
      * North Bridge voltage is lowest stable.

To correlate this error I ran system several months on the condition above and tested with 0.10 raise to memory. Seems corrected all issues there was.

So, to conclude on above message saying "drop all voltages under windows 7 18xxx and 2xxxx kernels by 0.20v" would be in actual real life work situation safe at -0.10-(-0.14v) to keep system safe from corrupting the OS drive.

(tests were done in hardest enviroment for disk IO there is RAID-0 on 4 drives as Software RAID Intel, 8GB of memory fully in use and 16 hours general work schedule for machine for day networked & by stress pretty near every second for compression calculations.)

Hope this helps some of you to lower the voltage under the low end(cheap snow boards ;P ) motherboards to avoid the heat those generates when added to extremely bad conditions of cooling.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
      X