Flare F4-3200C14D-16GFX and Asus B350M-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare F4-3200C14D-16GFX and Asus B350M-A

Just bought the 16GB (2x8) Flare for my new B350M-A motherboard, with the RYZEN 1700 cpu, based on the g.skill marketing materials. Bios is at latest ver 806. With DOCP set at 3200 the system loads OK, but seems to reboot when left standing for a while and AIDA benchmark is poor at latency 89 and read bandwidth of 35,000. Memory Mark is also very poor at 2,200. Saw a review online that showed the Asus Crosshair MB with this RAM and cpu giving results of latency 74.7 and read bandwidth of 48,434. Also when compared to my Intel PC with i7-6700k and Corsair 2800 RAM, on which I get results of latency 71.1 and read bandwidth of 30,769 and Memory Mark of 3228 my results seem disappointing. This Flare RAM is not listed on ASUS QVL for this MB. I have installed the DRAM into slots a2 and b2.
    So it looks like I will have to change my MB or my DRAM. Any suggestions? Asus Tech support would offer no helpful assistance.
    Last edited by jscheeren; 08-20-2017, 07:04 AM. Reason: More information

I'm a little disappointed in my memory performance so far to. Trying to get it up but my numbers are better than yours.
    X370-F Strix & Trident Z RGB 3200C14 running at rated timings
    Latency: 79.4
    Read: 45938

My Memory Mark bench is only 2302 putting my in the 77th percentile when everything else in my system is 99th lol. I know we can't match Intel bandwidth but that's sad.

You may need a little more SOC voltage, maybe 1.1? You manually set Dram voltage to 1.35?

Comment

Which slots do you have the memory installed in?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Which slots do you have the memory installed in?
        I have the Flare DRAM installed into slots a2 and b2

Comment

Originally posted by Dracowolfe View Post
          I'm a little disappointed in my memory performance so far to. Trying to get it up but my numbers are better than yours.
          X370-F Strix & Trident Z RGB 3200C14 running at rated timings
          Latency: 79.4
          Read: 45938

My Memory Mark bench is only 2302 putting my in the 77th percentile when everything else in my system is 99th lol. I know we can't match Intel bandwidth but that's sad.

You may need a little more SOC voltage, maybe 1.1? You manually set Dram voltage to 1.35?
          I have added Memory Mark data to my original post and you can see that it is very disappointing, especially when compared to my Intel cpu. Why do you expect that the Memory Mark would be poor compared to the Intel i7? I will try the voltage adjustments when I can and let you know.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have decided to return my g.skill Flare 3200 RAM. I will check down the road if it ever appears on the Asus QVL for my MB and/or the MB appears on the g.skill QVC. It is right now poor value compared to performance and has been a lot of trouble.

Comment

you're so lucky if you can run that ram at advertised speeds. I've TridentZ RGB 3600 C16 that perfectly runs at C16@4000mhz@1.38V without zero error at all with @5Ghz 7700K,,,recently had a great bargain chance of switching to Ryzen7 1800X but didnt due to memory issues....mentioned ram that perfectly runs with 7700K can not even work at 3200mhz even at C18!..simply maximum 3000mhz it works with slower timings.I'm a photoshop user and what i've found is Ryzen is clearly slower with PS comparing to i7 7700K with same ssd/memory speeds.also general usage is a lot snappier on intel side. i just passed ryzen7 for now until everyrhing is settled perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jscheeren View Post
                Just bought the 16GB (2x8) Flare for my new B350M-A motherboard, with the RYZEN 1700 cpu, based on the g.skill marketing materials. Bios is at latest ver 806. With DOCP set at 3200 the system loads OK, but seems to reboot when left standing for a while and AIDA benchmark is poor at latency 89 and read bandwidth of 35,000. Memory Mark is also very poor at 2,200. Saw a review online that showed the Asus Crosshair MB with this RAM and cpu giving results of latency 74.7 and read bandwidth of 48,434. Also when compared to my Intel PC with i7-6700k and Corsair 2800 RAM, on which I get results of latency 71.1 and read bandwidth of 30,769 and Memory Mark of 3228 my results seem disappointing. This Flare RAM is not listed on ASUS QVL for this MB. I have installed the DRAM into slots a2 and b2.
                So it looks like I will have to change my MB or my DRAM. Any suggestions? Asus Tech support would offer no helpful assistance.

dont activate xmp profile, try this settings
                ram frequency =3200
                Ram voltage = 1.350

(DRAM CAS Latency=14)
                (Trctd=14) (Trcdwr=14)
                (DRAM RAS pretime=14)
                (DRAM RAS act time=34)
                (Trc=48)
                (TrrdS=6)
                (TrrdL=8)
                (Tfaw=39)
                (Trfc=560)
                (Trfc2=416)
                (Trfc4=256)
                (Gear Down Mode=Disabled)
                make Power Down Enable=Disable
                the other settings are will be Auto.

if still not stable change RAM voltage to 1.345 or 1.355 try +- 0.005 volt

i have prime b350 plus motherboard i am using 1.345 volt for RAM

i hope this will be help you

theese settings are only for f4-3200c14d-16gfx

Comment

Originally posted by zulu1905 View Post

dont activate xmp profile, try this settings
                  ram frequency =3200
                  Ram voltage = 1.350

(DRAM CAS Latency=14)
                  (Trctd=14) (Trcdwr=14)
                  (DRAM RAS pretime=14)
                  (DRAM RAS act time=34)
                  (Trc=48)
                  (TrrdS=6)
                  (TrrdL=8)
                  (Tfaw=39)
                  (Trfc=560)
                  (Trfc2=416)
                  (Trfc4=256)
                  (Gear Down Mode=Disabled)
                  make Power Down Enable=Disable
                  the other settings are will be Auto.

if still not stable change RAM voltage to 1.345 or 1.355 try +- 0.005 volt

i have prime b350 plus motherboard i am using 1.345 volt for RAM

i hope this will be help you

theese settings are only for f4-3200c14d-16gfx
                  I have same mainboard with ryzen 1600 build but it did'nt work for me? How is your system now? do you dine any other good solution?

Comment

Working...
                  X