Two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX ?

Hey guys, so i have the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 motherboard with Ryzen 7 1800x and a HyperX kit of 2 x 8 Gb 2133 CL14.

Unfortunately a 3200Mhz CL14 32 Gb kit compatible with my mainboard does not seem to be available in my country so i can only find the 2 x 8 Flare X kit (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) to buy.

Can i get two kits of 16 Gb and run it automagically via XMP at 3200Mhz and the official timings on my motherboard? Thanks !

No, you need to manually OC for 2933+

You can try DOCP, lower frequency to 2933 and see how the two kits work together.

Comment

Todays RAM has to be purchased in one kit. Do not place two kits together. Each DRAM module has a SPD (serial presence detect) EEPROM. ALSO make SURE to go to the motherboards web site and download and check the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) to see it the memory has been tested to work. Not all DDR4 3200 is the same timing. Also on G.Skill's web site they also have QVL available too.
      Also just placing the correct RAM modules into the correct motherboard will NOT make them go this speed. You must overclock the RAM correctly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X