Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found a solution on RGB lighting issue

Hi guys, I found a solution on RGB lighting issue. By using Asus AURA software we can manage or take control again the RGB lighting issue on our Trident Z RGB Memory. Here's what I did:
    1. Completely uninstall Trident Z RGB Software. Make sure to uninstall "AsLedService" is uninstalled. Then restart.
    2. Download and install AURA -> download here https://goo.gl/iXDjXj
    2a. Choose your OS
    2b. Choose Utilities
    2c. You can find AURA at the second part of the list. You can get the latest version of AURA. But at the time of this post, I used version 1.04.43.
    3. Install, once completed restart.

Note: I'm using Gigabyte motherboard, but I have installed ASUS AURA.

You can check this video's as proof that it works.
    1. RGB Lighting issue -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZYO6uJIrw
    2. FIX RGB Lighting issue -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS8k_7-1o4

I hope this works also for you guys.

Comment

Hey!

After having lots of trouble with the RGB lighting (stuck at rainbow and g.skill rgb software freeze every time I started it) I decided to reinstall my system. After Windows and drivers I directly installed the G.Skill software and it worked perfectly fine for several reboots and "cold starts". Then I installed Logitech Gaming Software + AIDA64 and guess what... G.Skill software started to crash again. So I deactivated Logitech and AIDA (autostart), rebooted and guess what... G.Skill software started to work again. So the Logitech software (have not tested if AIDA was involved too) f*cks up the G.Skill software and I guess this is caused by SM-Bus (both programs use it).

Temporary solution: Deactivate Logitech Gaming Software (and AIDA64) from "Autostart", let the G.Skill lighting service initialize/set up your configuration and start the Logitech Software manually after that.

Regards,
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thank you for letting us know about that issue. I will add Logitech Gaming Software to the black list of Thaiphoon Burner. The latest TB version 11.1 informs users about potentially dangerous software running on the background.

Comment

Originally posted by mehhh View Post
          Hi guys, I found a solution on RGB lighting issue. By using Asus AURA software we can manage or take control again the RGB lighting issue on our Trident Z RGB Memory. Here's what I did:
          1. Completely uninstall Trident Z RGB Software. Make sure to uninstall "AsLedService" is uninstalled. Then restart.
          2. Download and install AURA -> download here https://goo.gl/iXDjXj
          2a. Choose your OS
          2b. Choose Utilities
          2c. You can find AURA at the second part of the list. You can get the latest version of AURA. But at the time of this post, I used version 1.04.43.
          3. Install, once completed restart.

Note: I'm using Gigabyte motherboard, but I have installed ASUS AURA.

You can check this video's as proof that it works.
          1. RGB Lighting issue -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZYO6uJIrw
          2. FIX RGB Lighting issue -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS8k_7-1o4

I hope this works also for you guys.
          Can I use ASUS Aura even if I don't have any ASUS product?

Comment

Yes, no problem.

Comment

Known Issue: Faulty RGB process RAM and developer refuses to fix/update software or offer refund. scam alert

Comment

What!!!

WHAT!!! WHO would do that ?!?!?

Comment

I feel a bit mislead, bought a set of RGB sticks and I’m stuck with a rainbow circus in my Pc.
                  Can’t use the 1st and 3rd ramslot due to custom cooling and there is no way to get it working in the 2nd and 4th slot cause the Gskill software won’t recognize the modules.

Comment

Originally posted by wirdo02 View Post
                    Can’t use the 1st and 3rd ramslot due to custom cooling and there is no way to get it working in the 2nd and 4th slot cause the Gskill software won’t recognize the modules.
                    Hi! You can download Thaiphoon Burner software and scan the System Management Bus to see if the RGB controllers of your DRAM modules are accessible for software. After downloading TB select SMBus -> Search for SMB Devices. Once probing is complete go to the SMBus menu again and take a screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by facehook View Post
                      Hi! You can download Thaiphoon Burner software and scan the System Management Bus to see if the RGB controllers of your DRAM modules are accessible for software. After downloading TB select SMBus -> Search for SMB Devices. Once probing is complete go to the SMBus menu again and take a screenshot.
                      Thanks for your reply!

Comment

wirdo02, thanks, but I'd like to see this one

Comment

wirdo02, thanks, but I'd like to see this one

Ah right, sorry about that.

Here you go:
                          Last edited by wirdo02; 11-18-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

wirdo02, the RGB controllers of your two memory modules are not found on the System Management Bus! SMBus addresses of these devices depend on SPD EEPROM addresses. For example, according to your screenshot the SPD EEPROM chips are located at addresses 0x51 and 0x53 on the SMBus, so the RGB controllers must be located at addresses 0x71 and 0x73 accordingly. The formula is "SPD address + 0x20". For some reason they are not found. That's why G.SKILL RGB software tells you that it can't find the modules.

Comment

wirdo02, the RGB controllers of your two memory modules are not found on the System Management Bus! SMBus addresses of these devices depend on SPD EEPROM addresses. For example, according to your screenshot the SPD EEPROM chips are located at addresses 0x51 and 0x53 on the SMBus, so the RGB controllers must be located at addresses 0x71 and 0x73 accordingly. The formula is "SPD address + 0x20". For some reason they are not found. That's why G.SKILL RGB software tells you that it can't find the modules.
                              I’m not quite sure what that means, do I have to RMA the modules?

Comment

wirdo02, have you ever checked whether G.SKILL RGB software can detect your modules after having them installed into 1st and 3rd DIMM slots? Is it possible to install only one module into 1st or 3rd DIMM slot? If RGB LED is not controlled either you have to RMA your modules. Otherwise you have to contact the manufacturer of your motherboard to get a BIOS update.
                                Last edited by facehook; 11-19-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X