This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H BIOS settings

The motherboard BIOS only allows for DDR2-800, but many people have reported it works just fine.

DRAM Configuration (submenu)
    DDRII Timing - Manual
    CAS Latency - 5T
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
    Row Precharge Time - 5T
    Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
    1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
    Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 127.5ns
    Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 127.5ns
    Trfc1 for DIMM3 - 127.5ns
    Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 127.5ns
    Write Recovery Time - 6T

System Voltage Control - Manual
    Set Memory Clock - Manual
    Memory Clock - 1066
    DDR2 Voltage Control - +0.3V
    Northbridge Voltage Control - +0.1V
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-12-2010, 09:25 AM.

Does this apply to the New F11 Bios on the Board.
    I can get it to run @ 1066 but Seems a bit sluggish
    and will I be affected if i buy another 4gb could i Run at Full speed in all slots and not have problems?

Comment

Yes, this applies to all BIOS versions. What CPU do you have? It may be struggling to support DDR2-1066. Try DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V and that should be quicker.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X4 BE
        but ill give that a try.

Comment

For DDR2-1066,

NB Frequency x11 2200MHz
          CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V

and that should stabilize the memory. Then you can compare between the two to see which is better.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have somthing to say, well i just got my Graphics card in and now im not having no issues with my RAM, But I kept the timings at 5t and i up the NB frequency X11 and up the voltage.
            my Desktop Flys. doing about 1070mhz
            but i think alot of the the time its the on board graphics that would give the issue. for example In my Win 7 Windows Experience Index i would get a 5.6 in RAM area and a 4.5 with Graphics,
            well now that i put a my 5770 Ati graphics in.. it went to 7.4 in RAM
            so im thinking it possibly have some conflicts with the On board video and maybe look into. i dunno. but G. skill this is Top quality RAM, i know its not the the Ram that would give me the problem. but my Board. My board is Good tho. but now no Problems what so ever. and i may i used 3, and 4, Ram slots when i didnt have a graphics card. it stabilizes it out a lot bit then in 1 and 2 slots. just a pointer there

Comment

Fastastic, sounds great. Enjoy!

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                The motherboard BIOS only allows for DDR2-800, but many people have reported it works just fine.
                I'm not entirely sure where you obtained that information from, but the manufacturer clearly states that this motherboard can handle 1200 MHz DDR2 at max settings. I run this exact board with a pair of 2 GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 MHz ram now and it's running at 1066 MHz stable. I have no issues what so ever. It runs Windows 7 Ultimate x64 like a dream and I have an AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition which I was successful in opening the fourth core with this board which turned it into the AMD Phenom II X4 920 as well as overclocking the cpu to 3.2 GHz stable.

The only issue I've run into was that when I got my PC originally it had a pair of the ram I just described and so I bought what I thought was another pair of the exact same ram, but it turns out my original ram was timed at CL5-6-6-18 and the new ram was timed at CL5-5-5-15 so I can't get them to work together.

When I run the two groups individually they work just fine. Not sure what to do about that.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 3.2 GHz
                G.Skill DDR2 PC2-8500 @ 1066 4GB (2x2GB)
                Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H
                MSI ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB GDDR2
                Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM
                Western Digital 750GB 7200RPM Intellidrive
                MSI Dual Layer DVD-R/RW x2
                ASUS VH202T-P 20" 1600x900 720P HD LCD
                40 in 1 Multiplatorm Card Reader
                Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 Surround Sound
                Logitech K350 Keyboard
                Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
                Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
                Last edited by Sovereignty; 06-23-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I don't remember either, but good thing if it can do more.

If you want to get all 8GB working, you will need to raise CPU-NB Voltage and set memory to 5-6-6-18.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    I don't remember either, but good thing if it can do more.

If you want to get all 8GB working, you will need to raise CPU-NB Voltage and set memory to 5-6-6-18.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    Alright well that would make sense except I have no idea how to do that. I'm using BIOS F11 on this board. Should I take some screen shots of the BIOS and maybe you can tell me how to do that? I know how to change the NB voltage, but there is no clear method to change the timing to 5-6-6-18. Either that or I just don't know what to look for to change the timings.

Comment

Should be in "DRAM Configuration"

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here's my BIOS. I was able to OC the RAM to 1066 MHz without adjusting the NB voltages, but I think they may have been done automatically for me by the BIOS itself.
                        Last edited by Sovereignty; 06-24-2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Everything is basically AUTO. How's it running? Timings look like they are running 5-5-5-15.

Set DDRII Timings Item to Manual and you can adjust timings, if necessary.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I don't have the CL5-6-6-18 installed right now since I didn't know what to do to get the two pairs to work. Yes everything is set to auto since I'm still very new to overclocking (15+ years in PC repair though) so I was afraid to touch thing's I am not familiar with.

As far as overall performance I have had no issues at all. In fact since I installed the CL5-5-5-15 the system seems just a little bit faster though I mostly game with this system and the only lag I see is through the internet. I've also passed all testing via memtest86+. I let it cycle for 8 hours and no errors reported.

My question to you is this: I can see where I can manually adjust the timings to 5-6-6-18 which are CAS# latency, RAS to CAS R/W Delay, Row Precharge Time, and Minimum RAS Active Time, but is there anything else that would need to be adjusted in accordance with this change?
                            Last edited by Sovereignty; 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

No, the BIOS takes care of the rest, that's why it is imperative to have at least the basic memory settings configured.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X