Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 16GB 3600 CL15 G.Skill 16GTZ

I would like to buy this 2 strips of Ram (16gb) for the Ryzen configuration
    With a MOBO x3700 by ASUS pro model. msrp around 200 (btw both same MSPR for Rams and MOBO) ... so much money! ehehe

But I would like not to learn that then I can't "play" the RAM at 3600 ... or at least at 3200 bt only at 2133 or something like that.

Could you G.skill guys confirm that the RAMs will be compatible?
    Is there any contract or Dev preparing a new bios, is anything that can be confirmed or told ?

What can anybody tell me about it? is there a software I need to install or it would be a practice like this maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lQjIEeXFE

Please I would really like some information to learn or know more, teaching etc, because I know it's too early to say in some cases but many things can be learned by noobs introducing themselves in environment that I never practiced before.

Thanks.

[solved]

I just found out sorry -

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/g-...ries-ddr4.html

Answer is flare x or fortis .. nothing before them.

Comment

If anybody of course can carry more info to the pool please don't hesitate to do it.
      I would love to know more. Some people say that the Flare x and the fortis series are just marketing. I don't really know. Actually it can be true. For sure no admin in this forum will ever tell that Gskill is producing a marketing empty new type of RAM ... maybe already Gskil Z 3600 will work greatly... Maybe not.
      I believe in AMD and Gskill.. but nowadays you never know really who to trust anymore ...

Please let me know

Comment

Flare X and Fortis series are guaranteed to work with AMD Ryzen at this time with most motherboards.

I can tell you there's no need to trust people on the web that has no experience in this platform or much of any other. When they have problems they will be just as confused, or think the RAM is bad when they have no idea.

Comment

Great. Thanks
          But considering the instead Model of RAMs I mention clearly in the title\object of this topic\thread? Is that pair 3600 mhz going to work with an ASUS or MSI .. or whatever x370 MOBO? I am not looking for prophets.. just searching for someone who can tell there is surely to wait at least 1 month or 2, or someone else that can tell me," no, just get the good 3600 MHZ GTZ GSkills you mention in the object, it will all work fine. (not at 2133 mhz) aka... " you will be able to set them at 3200 mhz at least and then in future at 3600 ...

in the future when?

Is Amd Ryzen gonna work with 3600 frequency or it is too much.
          Does actually Intel (I am not gonna buy them anyway) work with 3600 mhz RAMs?

Comment

For now DDR4-3600 is the upper end of what you can achieve on select boards with manual settings via ref clock overclocking. If you are looking for a PnP experience, at this time, i would consider getting a lower frequency kit instead.

As far as Intel goes, any Skylake or Kaby Lake i7 (or i5) on a decent Z170/Z270 motherboard should be able to hit DDR4-3600 no problem. My old Skylake system of 6700K, ASUS ROG M8G was able to run DDR4-4000 after a few BIOS updates and now my 7700K on the Apex has no issues with DDR4-4133+ (that's what the board was made for after all).
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

You are asking about motherboard updates, but the RAM is already good and proven on Intel platforms. It is up to motherboard manufacturers to make their AMD boards better. It is new technology so maybe several months.

Like emissary42 said, Intel is already many generations with DDR4, this is AMD's first gen.

Comment

Oh thanks. Helpful and cool to read and learn more by knowing your stories and choices or other things. This is what forums and internet is about.
                Unfortunately it's me not supporting intel. I am not compatible with the ethic.
                I do prefer to be politically conscious of what I do and for how much it is possible (because anyway we can't be perfect) but we can strive for best, we can look to be better people better communities so that is why I choose those who really seem to be close to my vision.

Sorry for sounding heavy and boring. I am actually looking to do a configuration that can last 2 3 years without touching nothing but maybe a videocard update (from the first low budget choice) for the moment VR gonna experience it on console I guess getting a RX 480 maybe 8 gb .. or no low budget going directly in may on Vega 10\11..

After 5 years I gonna move to an other CPU .. but I think I am gonna stay on AMD.

Actually Rog Crossair ASUS seems appealing but after all if I have not all these OBJ of OClocking or other extreme performance aims should I stick to a x370 instead of getting a rog ...?

What is the difference between using a storage HW working on M.2 (SSD) and instead an other on SATA (SSD)? Since we are talking of syntetic stuff I thought you could be answering also on this.
                Anyway... I see the caractheristics of Rog Crosshair .. it's really too much for me, don't really need that. I don't have to start a channel online. Anyway that is actually already out some say, future has something else ready for us...
                Last edited by Kindwoman; 03-12-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Yes, if you don't plan for extreme quality and performance, ROG may not be necessary. Some people get it any way for peace of mind to have the best for the next few years.

M.2 is better for higher performance. SATA III has limitation.

Comment

So if I have 2 SSD what I do if I have m.2 on my mOBO? can I connect them both or just one of them? (I guess the OS hosting one) or just one?
                    I think once I will get all this stuff I will need somebody to help me in some stuff to mount all this things correctly.

I only see Flare X and Fortis 2666 mhz out. No 3200 mhz... Maybe still have to wait the month of May ? What do you think?

What do you mean for the next years a good Mobo.. how many years ? like more then 5? Will it work well a Crosshair also on Ryzen 2 .. I know u need a crystal ball to answer to it. but I mean if we try to guess on average will it work well on that too ... seen the price?

I read that all these mobo will also work on ryzen 2 and maybe even on ryzen 3 cpus.. so...
                    Could you "confirm" that in that case it might be a 5+ years MOBO such an investment?

Comment

Whats compatible right now and what will be compatible in the future will change.

I see prebuilt computer companies pushing RGB ram still on Ryzen builds, so rest assured that there'll be pressure on both Motherboards and Gskill to get this fixed.

Comment

Yes indeed there is already Fortix and Flare x coming out.

I am just too impatient to learn when is coming 3200 flare x and fortis... cuz so far there is only 2600 mhz out, that's not enough for 4 years quality. You know when I upgrade to 32 I wanna be like: "should I keep 16 or move to 32..." and maybe I am gonna stick with what I have and just change processor with ryzen 2... but they need to come out with their stuff. How much does it take to come with a new hardware like a RAM? (and working)

Comment

Originally posted by Kindwoman View Post
                          So if I have 2 SSD what I do if I have m.2 on my mOBO? can I connect them both or just one of them? (I guess the OS hosting one) or just one?
                          I think once I will get all this stuff I will need somebody to help me in some stuff to mount all this things correctly.

I only see Flare X and Fortis 2666 mhz out. No 3200 mhz... Maybe still have to wait the month of May ? What do you think?

What do you mean for the next years a good Mobo.. how many years ? like more then 5? Will it work well a Crosshair also on Ryzen 2 .. I know u need a crystal ball to answer to it. but I mean if we try to guess on average will it work well on that too ... seen the price?

I read that all these mobo will also work on ryzen 2 and maybe even on ryzen 3 cpus.. so...
                          Could you "confirm" that in that case it might be a 5+ years MOBO such an investment?
                          You can RAID, or use them independently, depends on what optimizes your computer's purpose.

3200 will be available shortly, a month is a good amount of time, so hopefully sooner

The top end system right now will still be very good many years later, maybe even better than mid/low end model in the future, so that's why people purchase the best even if they may not need that good of a computer right now. It's easier than building another computer 1-2 years later.

I can't confirm future AMD generations, but if it is anything like the past, it is possible.

Comment

Yeah thanks.
                            Now a lot of stuff is coming out
                            MSI mobos (like the KRAIT)
                            or other MSI
                            and other brands too

Sincerely, good looking but do we need all that beauty on them
                            Maybe better a "good" simple x370 Prime ASUS pro?
                            In terms of Audio are they beaten by some MSI (besides the 330 dollars one).

It's really hard to find ppl to talk to

I am looking for not 8 SATA but at least 5\6 sata. I found some even the b350 ... still need lot of support since LOTS of these MOBO even the good "simple" X370 ASUS PRO prime doesn't accept the 3200 OC Flare x... so.

Getting back to Rams: maybe it's enough getting the Fortis 2400 cl 16 or 15 .. (I have seen u made both!) it will be still a good thing? It's hard to choose now since u have the Corsair LPX at 3200 that actually work on some mobos... but ... it's clear it's all too early for all... if one has money and hurry go for it. Otherwise 30 days should make all the SPecs change and again make the Rams "more compatible" with a large array of mobos I guess.

One will just have to look at his purse and then envision what he\she wants to do and that' it. (now it's really hard to do it with logic and poise).

Comment

I am running the Ryzen 1700x with the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon and the F4-3600C15-16GTZ(the non-rgb version). I have had to work with the manual timings to get this memory to run at 2933. If you want to just pop it in the machine and have it work then go with the Ryzen approved memory from G.Skill. As far as the speed in the future goes AMD has said they will officially supporting 3200 with an update in May. I am pretty sure that this platform will be able to go well beyond that speed in the coming months. Now for me. If anyone out there has this memory running 3200 with an MSI board please respond with timings and voltage as I am out of configurations to try. The moderators on MSI forums are saying it is all because of the IMC lottery which I find hard to beleive. One more thing for anyone planning on a Ryzen build. MSI has been very slow with Bios updates thus far so if I were doing it over again I would go with the Asus or Gigabyte X370 boards. Both of these boards have many more overclocking features and the support they have received appears to be outstanding.
                              Last edited by Danomanok; 04-17-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X