Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwd1961 View Post

Yeah, getting pretty sick of full whatever pattern it is, and it's not the default pattern for some reason.
    Just wanted to get your attention for what i wrote above, works for static color setting using the Aura Sync software, just set the static color u want and shut down computer and turn on, when restarted it will set the color you selected, you can set it to any static color but have to shut down completly and turn on to make it set it to that color, also when you install the Aura Sync software make sure it is updated as when I first installed it, it was not updated till i restarted a couple of times then it finally detected my ram and I was able to set the color

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostimage0101 View Post

Just wanted to get your attention for what i wrote above, works for static color setting using the Aura Sync software, just set the static color u want and shut down computer and turn on, when restarted it will set the color you selected, you can set it to any static color but have to shut down completly and turn on to make it set it to that color, also when you install the Aura Sync software make sure it is updated as when I first installed it, it was not updated till i restarted a couple of times then it finally detected my ram and I was able to set the color
      Are you saying that works on Gigabyte boards? I'm in the Gigabyte ecosystem - lol. Also, Fusion will turn on and change color of RAM, when it works properly, but it has never allowed teh brightness control to work. It's just change color, WFO for the ram.

Comment

Are you saying that works on Gigabyte boards? I'm in the Gigabyte ecosystem - lol. Also, Fusion will turn on and change color of RAM, when it works properly, but it has never allowed teh brightness control to work. It's just change color, WFO for the ram.

it worked for awhile but yesterday when the software loaded it went back to default orange for some reason, I ended up uninstalling it and all other asus related rgb software and also the trident software and just left my Fusion software and I was able to set the color using the aorus software but still would only set it when windows started up, the asus software must of updated some .sys file or something cos now my aorus software detects the memory when before when I did the upgrade to 22H2 it did not detect it anymore, anyways give it a try hopefully u can get it to set a static color or multi static color…

Comment

• I figured out why Trident stopped working. In order to get Fusion to release the RAM lighting, you have to delete/rename two files in the Fusion directory: C:/programfiles(x86)/Gigabyte

spddump.exe
          SPD_DUMP.XML

However, if you turn the RAM off in fusion and THEN rename those files, nothing turns them back on, not even Trident. Just make sure that in fusion, the RAM is on any setting except off before you rename those files.

Now everything works as it should again.

Comment

• I tired doing it that way but it didnt fix my issue, I installed the trident software after doing that, but it still does not let me change the colors or effects, it did release the RAM lighting like you said from Fusion but yeh the trident software has no control at all over the RGB of the ram, it just loads and does nothing, I hope a proper fix for this is found at some point... atm I reverted back to the old SPD files and am able to change it using the Fusion Software again at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostimage0101 View Post
              I tired doing it that way but it didnt fix my issue, I installed the trident software after doing that, but it still does not let me change the colors or effects, it did release the RAM lighting like you said from Fusion but yeh the trident software has no control at all over the RGB of the ram, it just loads and does nothing, I hope a proper fix for this is found at some point... atm I reverted back to the old SPD files and am able to change it using the Fusion Software again at least.
              Did you try the clean uninstall first for everything? Make sure you find and delete the old folders because they remain on the drive after uninstalling, and have old setting in them. Then reboot. Install Fusion first, then reboot. Then install Trident. Sorry you're having those problems. I still don;t have Fusion working correctly. The brightness only goes down to about 50% of what it was before (you could lower it so the lights were barely lit). and, the brightness has a delay and gradually dims and brightens the LEDS, which is not normal.

I still cannot get Trident's Music function to work, however. I looked in sound settings to make sure Trident was set to the music active on my rig, but still nothing. It's just dark thirty when on the music option.

To tell you the truth, I'm done with RGB, and I'm no dunce when it comes to design lighting. I just can't justify all of the conflicts anymore. My next build will be really nice, coordinated, clean, but no RGB RAM, no RGB Fan, etc. That's not even dealing with horrible quality fans that look nice but are total garbage: HELLO COOLER MASTER MF series junk fans that have a practical MTTF of about 40 hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220503_040959279.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	168739

Comment

Did you try the clean uninstall first for everything? Make sure you find and delete the old folders because they remain on the drive after uninstalling, and have old setting in them. Then reboot. Install Fusion first, then reboot. Then install Trident. Sorry you're having those problems. I still don;t have Fusion working correctly. The brightness only goes down to about 50% of what it was before (you could lower it so the lights were barely lit). and, the brightness has a delay and gradually dims and brightens the LEDS, which is not normal.

I still cannot get Trident's Music function to work, however. I looked in sound settings to make sure Trident was set to the music active on my rig, but still nothing. It's just dark thirty when on the music option.

To tell you the truth, I'm done with RGB, and I'm no dunce when it comes to design lighting. I just can't justify all of the conflicts anymore. My next build will be really nice, coordinated, clean, but no RGB RAM, no RGB Fan, etc. That's not even dealing with horrible quality fans that look nice but are total garbage: HELLO COOLER MASTER MF series junk fans that have a practical MTTF of about 40 hours.

Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20220503_040959279.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	168739
                Thanks, I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall and all that again, I'm happy I got the main colors I want for now and no other issues, I know if I do a reinstall of fusion I'll probably get issues with the LED on my Aorus cooler which plays up when fiddled, I'm with you with RGB, next build is going to be solid no issues like this maybe only some LED fans and a strip that is about it, I'm over these RGB issues, such a headache!!!

Comment

Working...
                X