No announcement yet.

Fm-25s2s-60gbp2 disappearing from bios.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the Gskill guys have enough time to help us out. Should be about Monday morning there by now.

Help!

Comment

I wonder if they got a bad batch of drives?

Comment

sorry guys

I have to say if your SSD can't recognize by your BIOS.
        Please ask your reseller or our RMA department to replace it.

we are sorry for making you inconvenience.

Comment

Unfortunately
          IDE or AHCI can not find device
          Windows Device Manager can not see the device
          The best way is to immediately RMA

Comment

i have had almost the same problem

i installed the os and after reboot the ssd was gone and didnt show in bios and i have tried it on 3 other pc platforms none of them could see it all different motherboards intel asus zotac and a hp laptop none could see it but if i put it in a usb case it works fine but unfortunatly you cant upgrade firmware when connectet to usb
            but i rma mine today jost 3 days after i bought ittook this long cause of the weekend i hope the new one doesnt have the same problem

Comment

Returned

I just completed my RMA. Even though newegg is great about replacing defective parts, I would still love to know what has gone wrong so the problem can be avoided in the future. Hopefully it was nothing more than a bad batch of drives. I will update when I get the replacement drives.

Comment

I've only had my Phoenix Pro 120GB for a few days, but I've observed this goofy disappearance issue quite a few times.

Firmware 2.1: Every time the machine woke from sleep, I would get the Blue Screen of Death and an instant reboot. The drive was not detected in POST, and I got the "MISSING BOOT DISK" error. The only way to get the drive to come back was a hard power off. Hitting the "reset" switch, or CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't help. Power off. Power back on. After that, it was fine (until the next time the machine went to sleep, that is).

Firmware 3.1: My computer enters and resumes from sleep okay now, but my error logs (and missing work) indicate that the machine crashed sometime in the middle of the night, and rebooted successfully. The last time it did this, though, I woke up to find the "MISSING BOOT DISK" error.

So my question, I guess, is: is this a defective drive? Or should I hold onto it a little longer and hope the next firmware fixes things? My Intel SSDs never gave me anywhere NEAR this amount of trouble.
                Last edited by FooDaddy; 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM.
                i7 860, 8GB G.Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Windows 7 Professional x64, Phoenix Pro 120GB, Radeon HD4670

Comment

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are reading every post and are using it to determine this issue. If you are having such problems, please send them in for replacements to see if a new one works better. We will keep everyone posted with test results.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

After having to have admin finally manage to give me the right to post (anther annoying story). Anyways I have also noticed my Phoenix Pro 120 SSD not posting on boot. After experimenting on things like core downing, temperature, 12v monitoring, Ram check and SATA RAID controller configuration I came to conclusion that this problem has to do with power to the PSU I noticed that if you completely unplug or switch the power off on the PSU for a whole minute or more to flush the power from your system your drive should turn back on when power is restored no problem. I have known and feared that there was power still going to the drive even though the system was just plainly shut down. This could very well be the reason to which you freeze when coming out of sleep mode because there is still power to the drive in its suspended state and then it has to re-post making it freeze almost like the problem we face here.

Some specifications : AMD Phenom X3 8450 on a ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe Series WIFI Motherboard with a 750 Watt Silverstone Modular Power Supply Unit and three Serial Advanced Technology Attachment Hard Disk Drives. Of course phoenixPro for my OS drive.

So completely removing power to your system is that annoying extra step but could also give your computer longevity

P.S. thank you Gskill for the firmware and access to post however frustrating at first but i got over it.
                    Last edited by ToSeeForum; 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

So I was planning to return my drive but at NewEgg it says that I have to have "All original equipment, components, manuals, cables, documents and packaging" in order to have RMA processed. My drive arrived in mid-October and worked fine for the first couple of weeks so I threw all that stuff in the trash. Does gskill (or anyone else) have any suggestions for me?

Times have been hard and this the first time I could afford an upgrade for a long time and now it appears I am out of $261.99 and believe me, that is a fortune to me right now. Help..
                      Last edited by nikldan; 11-11-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nikldan View Post
                        So I was planning to return my drive but at NewEgg it says that I have to have "All original equipment, components, manuals, cables, documents and packaging" in order to have RMA processed. My drive arrived in mid-October and worked fine for the first couple of weeks so I threw all that stuff in the trash. Does gskill (or anyone else) have any suggestions for me?

Times have been hard and this the first time I could afford an upgrade for a long time and now it appears I am out of $261.99 and believe me, that is a fortune to me right now.
                        I believe RMA through gskill only requires the drive. RMA through Newegg would require all original materials though.

I noticed that my drive disappeared during an improper system shutdown. I was in a rush and turned off the power without actually shutting down Windows. Perhaps an improper shutdown of the system can cause the SSDs to malfunction?

Comment

Originally posted by Weenz View Post
                          I believe RMA through gskill only requires the drive. RMA through Newegg would require all original materials though.

I noticed that my drive disappeared during an improper system shutdown. I was in a rush and turned off the power without actually shutting down Windows. Perhaps an improper shutdown of the system can cause the SSDs to malfunction?
                          Thanks for the info. How do I RMA through jskill?

As for you improper shutdown; that is usually something that messes up the OS. Not so much the drive. In fact, earlier in this thread it is posited that completely powering off the system will revive the missing drive.

Comment

Originally posted by nikldan View Post
                            Thanks for the info. How do I RMA through jskill?

As for you improper shutdown; that is usually something that messes up the OS. Not so much the drive. In fact, earlier in this thread it is posited that completely powering off the system will revive the missing drive.
                            http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4

Complete power off did not revive this particular unit, and I am in the process of replacement through Newegg. It may or may not have been a coincidence that it happened to occur immediately after an improper shutdown though.

Comment

I am currently suffering the same problem and I'm in the process of RMA'ing my ssd from newegg. But I also wanted to give my insight into the problem as well, I also believe that the problem involves the PSU. I am no computer genius, so this is the reasoning for my conclusion. After every time I get my bios to detect my ssd again, I've noticed that my time is wrong by a few hours (in the OS) while my bios time is set correctly. Again I'll state that "I'm no computer genius" (so bare with me), but if the ssd is supplied with power wouldn't the time always be running or current upon booting? So does this mean that the ssd isn't supplied with power? I haven't gotten a chance to mark this down, but I've notice that the amount of hours the SSD is wrong by, corresponds with the last time it was working (or last shutdown).

Comment

Originally posted by Weenz View Post
                                http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4

Complete power off did not revive this particular unit, and I am in the process of replacement through Newegg. It may or may not have been a coincidence that it happened to occur immediately after an improper shutdown though.
                                Thanks for the link. Guess I could have looked around for myself and found it..

Comment

Working...
                                X