PHOENIX FM-25S2S-120GBP1 ruinning slow!!!help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOENIX FM-25S2S-120GBP1 ruinning slow!!!help

i have recently just bought a 100g phoenix ssd..installed a fresh copy of windows 7 and made sure ACHI was enable in bios prior to install....my benchmark scores seem quite low for write speeds..... these speeds taken using crystal mark 3.0

read write
    Seq 225 88
    512k 215 89
    4k 33 83
    4k 152 86
    QD32

why is my write speeds of my SEQ and 512k scores so low as compared to your benchmarks on your website?? help please

hi sam350,
    could you also test atto and AS-ssd diskmark and post the performance result.
    Your PC info. about hardware and OS is also important. I'll need this info. that i could help to verify it.

Comment

Hi sam350
      Try ATTO Disk Benchmark v2.46

My best regards

Comment

ok system is:
        cpu:i7 920@4.2ghz
        Motherboard: gigabyte x58 extreme
        Hdd: g.skill phonex 100G
        Hdd2: WD 1T
        Gpu: gtx295 quad sli
        power: 1150W aptiva warlock

ok have tried the other benchamerks on your site.....

ATTO benchmark gives results very very close to the benchamrks on your website which is good
        Crystal mark is giving same low write speeds
        and HD tune pro 4.01 wont let me do write speed test says : please remove all partitions before testing .......but i have no partitions that i know of......93G hdd space listed from my computer....
        how can i check this and further help plzz

Comment

hello g.skill support help.....i have read severall posts all saying that the ssd get full of garbage junk and gets a lower write speed how do i fix this.....i hav only had the ssd running for a week !!!!

Comment

Wich is Your oprating system? Windows 7?
            Delete all partitions and create it again. Format and intall again.
            My best regards

Comment

i am using windows 7....deleted all partitions and re-installed windows having the same results.....did get fast write speeds when i first installed the ssd the first time but only for about 10min..... is there any way to get rid of garbage collection?

Comment

Returns the ssd your seller. Are You try to put ACHI in Your BIOS?

My best regards

Comment

yes enabled achi in bios prior to installing windows.... maybe i shall try to re-format ssd and go from there have tried re-installing windows..... format ssd from bios?? or ....coz windows is on that atm...or just erase windows 7 with a fresh copy again

Comment

yes enabled ACHI in bios prior to installing a fresh copy of windows 7... any other tips or hits or special ways of formatting?? iv installed windows twice now just using windows 76 install options to format ssd then re install

Comment

No format from the BIOS because it could damage the SSD. Update your Mother board BIOS and try again. Use a fresh install.

My best regards

Comment

hello, sam350
                        sorry for not replying immediately, i'm trying to reproduce your situation.
                        it seem that your disk not aligned.
                        could you try to install your phoenix SSD as a secondary disk and create partion under windows 7 or follow here to create partition then test it.
                        let me know the result

Comment

i have my SSD like Slave

Comment

hello tried using diskpart to re-align disk..... says this when trying to follow instructions from web site.... in command prompt trying to run diskpart.....

microsoft diskpart version 5.1.3553
                            on computer:sam

the disk managment services could not complete the operation

Comment

btw also how do i get ino bios while windows is booting lol been a while since iv had to use anything but command prompt

Comment

Working...
                              X