When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I'm also waiting for the firmware 1916 for my 256GB Falcon too. On my three other SSDs from Supertalent the firmware works without any problems since a few weeks. OCZ has released this version too, I don't know why G.Skill is waiting. I very disapointed from G.Skill and for me this was the last SSD from this company.

Comment

Me too. 1916 firmware for my 128Gb Falcon I please. GSKILL TECH, can we confirmation that this is being tested?

Comment

Don't hold your breath guys. I doubt it will come out any time soon. Personally, I decided to say screw it and flashed my drive to a vertex. Use Vertex 1.1 firmware and then it shows up as a Vertex and you can use OCZ firmware updaters.

Comment

Where is the ocz vertex 1.1 please, i look ocz forum and didnt find!

Comment

Vertex 1.1 firmware was removed from OCZ site, because many SSD owners from another companies crossflashed their drives to Vertex (like me )

Comment

Do you have it? (mp?)

Comment

That means that you can croosfalsh your falcon with that FW?
                If so i also want it

Comment

for "Reload this Page Help G.Skill Support improve"

go post it please if you want the support do it!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1093

Comment

We continue to test and improve our firmware. Unfortunately we do not participate in the firmware release competition, but we are doing our best to provide users with a stable, bug free firmware, as soon as possible. We are running thorough tests to fix bugs, rather than having users do the testing for us. We appreciate your patience and continuous support. As always, we will post new information and updates here for everybody.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

guess that means another month or so before G.Skill releases this...

Comment

It seems so. I think it's faster to sell the G.Skill and by an other SSD as to wait for a new firmware. Or I should use the possibility to crossflash it into an OCZ drive. The last version took a long time, this version take a long time, and I suppose the next version would take a long time too.

Comment

I think OCZ and Crucial released FW 1916 in mid January...1916 has everything I need-- GC, TRIM and high performance...even if another firmware is released after that I don't think I would really need to upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by ssduser View Post
                            It seems so. I think it's faster to sell the G.Skill and by an other SSD as to wait for a new firmware. Or I should use the possibility to crossflash it into an OCZ drive. The last version took a long time, this version take a long time, and I suppose the next version would take a long time too.
                            I?m also thinking that?s the best option!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                              We continue to test and improve our firmware. Unfortunately we do not participate in the firmware release competition, but we are doing our best to provide users with a stable, bug free firmware, as soon as possible. We are running thorough tests to fix bugs, rather than having users do the testing for us. We appreciate your patience and continuous support. As always, we will post new information and updates here for everybody.
                              Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT
                              I really consider myself a noob, but I wonder what the rush is towards new firmware which is not completely debugged when on the OCZ forum there is a whole thread asking users to report "lost" SSD (bios does not see them) see here after the latest update.
                              I much prefer for GSkill to debug first and release later, after all I have my OS on my SSD
                              Last edited by newbino; 02-07-2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I've Vertex 1.10 downloaded so just PM me if anyone wants it.

I flashed my Falcon 1571 -> Vertex 1.10 -> Vertex 1.31 -> Vertex 1.5. It runs beautifully with the nice garbage collection. No issues at all on my MBP. It's also sweet to know that I wont have to restore my backup after any upcoming update since OCZ isn't using destructive flashes.
                                Last edited by bolen; 02-07-2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X