When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    Garbage Collection is active in firmware 1916. As far as Falcon II firmware, a revision is still in development.

GriffyJ,

I will see what I can find out about the increase in delays.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

It is not me with the delays it is ace-a-rue. Thanks for letting us know that Garbage Collection is indeed working in your 1916 firmware.
    Last edited by Griffyj; 03-11-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Hey there,

my Falcon II died 4 days ago. Got a RMA number but was in a hurry to get my MacBook going, so I got myself the:

Indilinix 1916 MPTool (google for 'FW1916.zip, 4th & 5th hit), jumpered the Falcon to YATAPDONG and flashed the drive to 1916.

This way you will definitly lose your warranty (I guess), but you can rename the SSD to whatever Brand you like (Supertalent for example) and are able to use their flash tools for future upgrades.

I do not recommend you to try the vertex 1.1 firmware utility (as posted in other threads around here), as it is pretty old and might not work for Barefoot ECO drives such as Falcon II.

PS: Select Intel flash memory in MPTool if autodetection does not work. You can trial and error, as the flasher just doesn't start flashing if you select the wrong flash-type.
      PPS: Flashed my drive using an external USB-disk-enclosure (select USB-detection in MPTool options).

So far, my SSD is back to life and GC seems to be working flawlessly.

I'm sorry if it was not allowed to post this here...

Max
      Last edited by themaxx32000; 03-15-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Could you post direct link to download im not very good at Japanese (kinda desperate here ,lost my receipt and cant claim RMA)

Or maybe G.Skill should move their bums and release their own firmware already?!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by whiteze View Post
          Could you post direct link to download im not very good at Japanese (kinda desperate here ,lost my receipt and cant claim RMA)

Or maybe G.Skill should move their bums and release their own firmware already?!

Cheers
          me neither, but you don't have to follow the google-hit-link in order to get the download-link...

Comment

Working...
          X