G.SKill Falcon firmware V1819

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macdaddy View Post
    Anyone using this latest firmware confirm that Garbage Collection works ???
    v1819 works great for me on my 64gb falcon drive with windows 7 64bit - no loss of speed compared to prior versions. Didn't align the drive or do any tweaks - just standard install of win7. I can confirm that garbage collection appears to be working. After filling up the drive in previous firmware versions (using win7 RC) there was a very noticeable slowndown (to under 150mb/s read). With a full drive & v1819 my read speeds are being maintained at around 220 mb/s (on win7 retail)

e5300 @3.5ghz
    ga-p965-s3 (rev.1) f14
    4mb ram
    win 7 64 bit
    falcon 64gb ssd
    8800gt

Comment

• I don't have this problem...
      It's merely impossible to install this new firmware. I've tried on Win XP SP 3, Win 7 64bits SP 0.

The update software does not found my drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMLiege View Post
        I don't have this problem...
        It's merely impossible to install this new firmware. I've tried on Win XP SP 3, Win 7 64bits SP 0.

Did u put the jumper? Without the jumper the program will not find your SSD...
        C2Q Q6600// Gigabyte EP45-DQ6// 2x2Gb Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz// G.Skill Falcon 64Gb // XFX ATi HD5870 1Gb GDDR5 // Samsung T260// CM690 Watercooled: EK Supreme
        AMD X2 2350BE// ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI// 4x1Gb Corsair/OCZ // Viewsonic VX922// WD250Gb// Chieftec
        Toshiba A200-21T // C2D T8300 (2x2.4Ghz)// 3Gb DDR2//ATi HD2600// Hitachi 250Gb

Comment

• Originally posted by JMLiege View Post
          I don't have this problem...

Same experience here only add Win 7 32 bits to the list also

Yes jumper inserted, without it you can actually see the drive and folders, with it in it shows a number for the drive but no contents and the updater still does not see it.

I was using a USB caddy, and aparently you cannot update using a caddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by V3ctor View Post
            Did u put the jumper? Without the jumper the program will not find your SSD...
            Yes I did.

Does it have to be set before starting the OS or does it have to be set when OS is started ?
            I've tried to do it as it said on the download page.
            I've installed the drive, start the OS, plug the jumper...and start the upgrade program ?
            Did I miss something?

Comment

• you must to plug the jumper with the PC off. Next update the firmware, shutdown again, unplug and boot.

Comment

• Ok, I will try again later... as now on, It seems better to use wiper.exe instead of Win7 garbage collector.

More over, I've moved my window 'user' folder on to another HDD, it took me some times to do it, so...
                I also move the system temp to another disk...(too bad, I provided my old Raptor to my son)

Finally, my pc is slower after all those operations.

Still,I will test if the upgrade software can find my hardware, but won't execute the upgrade now.

Thanks for the information.

Best regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titus View Post
                  how can I revert back to an earlier firmware?...G.Skill only has a link to the latest 1819 firmware...is there a link to older G.Skill firmwares?

hey, i know this is an older post, but i found this:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=820

Comment

• anyone know if Indilinx is releasing another firmware soon?...1819 is not the ideal firmware for most people due to the performance degradation (not to mention the confusion dealing with if Garbage Collection is included or not)...I'm still using 1571 and would like to see another firmware which combines the performance of 1571 with native TRIM features which do not slow down performance

has Indilinx released another firmware?...if not anyone know anything about any upcoming firmwares?...the official Indilinx website does not give any information on firmware releases

Comment

• some topic says about firmware 1881 come with the new Falcon II

Comment

Working...
                      X