Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon "Garbage Collecting" Firmware Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah my bad it was 1.3 not 1.2 typo. But yeah hurry up gskill we need the GC for raid setups

Comment

1.3 (1571) doesnt have it either, the first firmware with auto GC was 1585 which was released to a few review sites. The first public firmware with GC was the 1711 which caused all the problems (not related to GC or TRIM).

Comment

According to the other forum, the firmware are done. There are going to be 2 kinds, a 1.40 which has trim, and a 1.41 which has GC.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCaedus View Post
          According to the other forum, the firmware are done. There are going to be 2 kinds, a 1.40 which has trim, and a 1.41 which has GC.

May I ask what other forum are you talking about? If you have a link can you please post it.

Comment

Its OCZ's forum people are talking about and they have now released the firmware... come on G.Skill!!!

Comment

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=63498

Comment

Go check the OCZ forums their 1.3 firmware does support garbage collection

Comment

Thanks for the other forum info. I think it is about time GSkill got on the band wagon and got the new firmware out with the garbage collection.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCaedus View Post
                    I don't get it...you mean we have to choose 1 firmware or the other?...or we just install both firmwares?

what is the difference between TRIM and Garbage Collection?...is one more important then the other?

Comment

You have to pick one.

pick 1.4 if you have windows 7, which is the only windows OS that has trim support.

Pick 1.41 for any other OS. Be warned, people have been reporting loss performance from this one.
                      Last edited by DarthCaedus; 10-14-2009, 06:08 AM.

Comment

The Trim is for people who are running single ssd while the GC is for people with raid 0 setups

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                          as we tested, there is still some issue with the unreleased firmware
                          so, we'd prefer to anounce a better and more stable version of firmware to improve our SSD products
                          Thanks

G.S
                          Its October already get it sorted will you. My raid 0 setup is slowing

Comment

win 7 64bit execute wiper.exe as a trim command.. as written in the command window( sending Trim command) . I don't see why the wiper.exe function wouldn't work as a trim command as well on your win 7 . For those with raid 0, you were maybe a little too fast when you've bought 2 ssds that were not supported yet by wiper/trim. I remember that many times I've bought a video card with lame drivers and it took up to 4 months to get a decent driver ( ATI being the worst).

Win 7 also recognise the SSD and will format and align the partition the right way , Vista is not so good at it.... but if there was already something on your drive , you should clean it with diskpart before formatting with win 7

Comment

Working...
                            X