AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz 8MB AM3+ Box

Asus M5A97 R2.0 AMD 970, SATA600 RAID, USB3.0

F3-1866C9D-8GAB 2x4GB

Seagate Harddisk 3.5" 1TB, SATA600, 7200rpm, ST1000DM003

Asus PCI-e GeForce GTX750Ti PH 2GB

Samsung SSD 2.5", 120GB, SATA600, 840 EVO

Cx600M PSU

Windows 8.1 64 bit

This pc was never running stable from the start. I used to have blue screens and programs crashing at random or not even starting up at all. I am really getting frustrated now since all blue screens I get are ram related and I have tested the ram multiple times without finding an error. The ram chips are placed in the correct slots on the motherboard. I have also tried using 1 ram module at a time, but this did not help. I also tested the pc with another PSU, video card and harddrive and W7 64 bit OS. This also did not help.

I used the information I found posted by Gskill on tomshardware to get my ram running at 1866Mhz, because it would only run on 1600Mhz. I used both methods mentions there, the Manual and DOCP method. I manually set the timings to 9-10-9-28. I am not sure if I should let the ram running at 1T or at 2T, could not find the proper settings anywhere.
    Just to be sure I raised the cpu-NB voltage by 0.1V. I have raised the voltage over the ram to 1.55 and 1.65, both voltages did not help with the stability issues. After that I tried increasing the NB frequency to 2400Mhz because somebody advised me to do that. That did not help though. I turned off Amd turbo core technology because I thought that fluctuating frequencies might make the Pc unstable and it also gave me funny numbers with the ram frequencies.

Here are some pictures of the bios settings I am using.

This is not the only BS I get. I get a lot of different ones, but they are all related to RAM.

I hope somebody knows how to solve my problems. I should have looked in the QVL of the motherboard. The RAM I am using is not stated in there, but I have never had any problems with that in the past so I just ignored that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit, I messed up the title. It should be F3-1866C9D-8GAB.
    Last edited by Piotrsmx; 12-30-2014, 06:11 PM.

Dont use DOCP. Just set it to manual.

Set CPU/NB voltage to 1.25V
    Take your CPU Voltage off of auto and set it to 1.325V.
    Set LLC(Load Line Calibration) To high.
    Leave ram voltage at 1.525.

Comment

Ok, I tried this and it did not help. I had to set it back to 1600Mhz, just to get the pc booted up. It got blue screens when trying to boot at 1866Mhz. I will try the ram memory in another pc and if it makes it crash I will buy different ram and If it works flawlessly, then I will buy an other motherboard. Does anybody else have any sugestions left?

Comment

Originally posted by Piotrsmx View Post
        Ok, I tried this and it did not help. I had to set it back to 1600Mhz, just to get the pc booted up. It got blue screens when trying to boot at 1866Mhz. I will try the ram memory in another pc and if it makes it crash I will buy different ram and If it works flawlessly, then I will buy an other motherboard. Does anybody else have any sugestions left?
        I suspect a hardware or software problem.

That is enough voltage on the CPU/NB to run fairly high ram speeds without issues.

Comment

I just tried my ram in my friend's pc and his pc runs it flawless at 1866 and 1600Mhz. Is my motherboard broken?

Comment

Try the RAM at DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Are you using the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

Comment

I am running it on 1333 8-8-8-24-2t now. Still the same problems. Random drivers which dont fire up when booting the pc etc. I tried my ram in my friend's pc and he also had blue screens. When I used his ram I kept having the same problems though. I am completely mind****ed right now.

Comment

Latest BIOS?

Try one module at a time. Run memtest86+ to see if it comes up with any errors. Try reinstalling Windows with the DDR3-1333 settings if memtest86+ passes

Comment

It all did not help. Couldn't find any errors. Im now got a MSI 970a-g46 motherboard and at first I thought all was good, but after installing some software I started noticing crashes in programs etc. Any other ideas what might be causing this all?

Comment

Have you tried one module at a time to see if one performs differently? Feel free to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Yes, I have tried that. I just applied for a RMA at the store I bought them at. I'll keep you guys posted on the results of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X