Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133c10d-16gsr + asus m5a88-v evo + amd phenom ii x6 1090t be

Hi everyone,
    First timer in here and an o.c. noobie. First of, I'm not trying to make a killer rig here, I'm just trying to utilize the G.Skill ram set and cpu to their potential.

Back story; i was trying to back up my system to do a clean upgrade to win10 but the system started bsoding. So I memtested the previous ram sticks, Patriot PV316G160C9KRD 8Gbx2 it one of them was bad.

I upgraded to my current set, G.Skill Sniper F3-2133C10D-16GSR DDR3-2133 PC3-17000 (8GbX2) CL10-12-12-31 1.6V, which I know is a little overkill for my motherboard:
    ASUS M5A88-V EVO with the latest bios (1802 i believe) and an
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE

I will try the settings on previous posts pertaining to amd m3 but i just wanted to throw my system out there.
    Thanks

Here's what I got so far:
    Attached Files

Comment

Use this guide to maximize potential:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

DDR3-1866 9-11-11-31 1.60V

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

My pc still getting bsod

Thx GSkill Tech. I used that guide and another guide you posted in another thread but my system is unstable using those guidelines. I ran Prime95 while cpu @3.7 ram@1866 but it found errors. I ran it again cpu@3.2 ram@1600 and still found errors. Prime95 ran for 14hrs error free with cpu@3.2 ram@1333. Cpu never past 52°C
        So i tried to back up my system with nti-ez but around 50% completed it went BSOD.
        Im running chkdsk as i type this (it started last night)
        I think my system has some issues. The HDD is about 4yrs old, so maybe its time to replace it.

Comment

Must be a problem with settings if 1333 is error free. Can you post some pictures of BIOS with 1600 or 1866 settings?

Comment

I will as soon as i can. The bsod is kernel data inpage error 0x07A. I will rum memtest86+ on each memory stick too.

Comment

I ran memtest86+ on both memory sticks, individually for over 14hrs, and both had errors. That may be the cause of the bsod. I requested a replacement set fron newegg. I will come back to update. Thanks for the help

Comment

Got my new memory sticks

Finally got the replacement memory sticks and done Memtest86+ing each one, no issues after 10 passes each. So I tried oc the memory and cpu but the system crashed every time. I tried the settings given in previous threads but they didnt work. Here are a few shots of the current BIOS settings
                I'm trying to upload more pictures but it gives me "fatal error"
                Attached Files

Comment

More shots
                  Attached Files

Comment

A few more shots. I changed some of the Fan settings
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got the cpu running at 3.7Ghz and ram at 1866Mhz, i have not run any stability tests yet...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some of those advanced timings are not changing.. you should manually adjust them:

READ to PRE - 6

Should also be able to lower the main 3 timings by 1 number, 9-11-11

Comment

Working...
                        X