Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL9D-4GBFLS and Crosshair IV and 1090T Best OC settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03hdfatboy View Post
    Never seen 0905 on ASUS site for Crosshair IV Extreme where did you get it?
    Sorry, I thought you have the Formula, didn't realize it's the Extreme.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Originally posted by YourNemesis007 View Post
      Sorry, I thought you have the Formula, didn't realize it's the Extreme.
      No biggie I also went back to 0502
      When I boot up sometimes it takes up to 3 min to boot into windows. Not sure what is wrong.

Comment

Final Settings I could get

Taking into account the advice about the HT link, I tried for a long time to get stable settings with a more reasonable speed and got this:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1567359

The biggest problem with those settings is my CPU temp gets too out of control and crashes my system when I do any kind of stress testing at that setting. However for basic tasks like checking email and typing on the forum that OC seems to hold up well.

No matter what I do, I cannot get this RAM to run at 2000 mhz, but the only thing I haven't tried yet is backing off more on the timings. Before Gskilltech chimes in with the "Did you raise the CPU-NB voltage?" question, it's been as high as 1.4V and still not stable. Interestingly enough when I tried the Auto OC function at one point the board put it at 1.51V (It only goes up to 1.55) This doesn't seem safe to me

The good thing is for whatever reason, this particular RAM fails consistently at Test #5 on memtest when it doesn't have stable timings, so I only have to wait 3-4mins after each OC attempt to know if it's going to work or not.

I'm still running BIOS 801 which I think might be part of the problem here, but I've heard a lot of complaints about later BIOS's, though I think that an upgrade may be in order before I go any further....

Will post back if I get different/stable results.
        http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1632558.png

Comment

I got it !!!

Originally posted by 03hdfatboy View Post
          When I boot up sometimes it takes up to 3 min to boot into windows. Not sure what is wrong.
          I found out what the problem was, for some reason the MoBo doesn't like my Blu-Ray drive plugged in to SATA5 I moved it to SATA3 and all is well

Comment

Originally posted by Lat15 View Post
            Taking into account the advice about the HT link, I tried for a long time to get stable settings with a more reasonable speed and got this:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1567359

The biggest problem with those settings is my CPU temp gets too out of control and crashes my system when I do any kind of stress testing at that setting. However for basic tasks like checking email and typing on the forum that OC seems to hold up well.

No matter what I do, I cannot get this RAM to run at 2000 mhz, but the only thing I haven't tried yet is backing off more on the timings. Before Gskilltech chimes in with the "Did you raise the CPU-NB voltage?" question, it's been as high as 1.4V and still not stable. Interestingly enough when I tried the Auto OC function at one point the board put it at 1.51V (It only goes up to 1.55) This doesn't seem safe to me

The good thing is for whatever reason, this particular RAM fails consistently at Test #5 on memtest when it doesn't have stable timings, so I only have to wait 3-4mins after each OC attempt to know if it's going to work or not.

I'm still running BIOS 801 which I think might be part of the problem here, but I've heard a lot of complaints about later BIOS's, though I think that an upgrade may be in order before I go any further....

Will post back if I get different/stable results.
            I'm Running prime95 and Everest Stability test at the same time so far I'm stable for over 2.5hrs right now and this is what I have:
            CPU 250x16 4000/1.325v..CPU/NB 1.125v @ 40c
            DRAM 2000MHz 1.56v @ 34c Clocks: 9-10-9-27-40
            NB 1.1875v @ 48c
            SB 1.113v @ 33c
            HT 1.2v
            MB 23c

Hope this helps
            Last edited by 03hdfatboy; 01-01-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

No go

Thanks,

I tried those settings to no avail, memtest craps out on test 5 as usual. I think the Extreme version of this board is far more stable, looking at OC.net, the only person with remotely the same setup as me had to bump his voltages even higher than I did originally.

I'm going to upgrade the BIOS and see if that helps things.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

no dice

Bios Upgrade to 905 didn't help.

To maintain system stability under HyperPi 32M stress testing, I had to decrease the CPU voltage and multiplier. I'm now running things a hair under 4GHZ, but at least things don't overheat causing the PC to crash when I want to play games or render a HD video.

Comment

May have hit the wall for your combo, could try expanding the cooling(?)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Anytime that I can successfully pass two HyperPI 32M stability runs, I document the overclock:

4.110GHz (256 CPU Clock)>>>Passed HyperPI (2)
                      CPU ratio: 16.0
                      DRAM Frequency: 2048MHz (2055MHz)
                      CPU/NB Frequency: 2816MHz (2826MHz)
                      HT Link Speed: 2048MHz (2055MHz)
                      CPU Voltage: 1.512500
                      CPU/NB Voltage: 1.300000
                      CPU VDDA Voltage: 2.525
                      DRAM Voltage: 1.68750
                      HT Voltage: 1.25
                      NB Voltage: 1.25700
                      DRAM Timings: 7-9-7-24 (1T)
                      CPU LLC: Enabled
                      CPU/NB LLC: Enabled
                      CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
                      PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

The ultimate stability test for me is BFBC2.
                      However because the game is multi-threaded, it is sensitive to an aggressive CPU overclock.
                      I can run the game at this overclock, but tend to get regular CTD's.
                      So I had to back off to 4.062GHz just for BFBC2.
                      Heat is a major obstacle in achieving a successful CPU overclock.
                      I've noticed that once you get above 50-52c, a high overclock is more difficult to maintain.
                      My wall is 4.2GHz with my 1090T, but each chip & system overclocks differently.

Hope this helps...
                      ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                      Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

Just got 2K ram

I just managed to finally set my RAM to the proper speed and timings successfully, first time I've successfully seen 2K with this kit. After upgrading the BIOS to version 1005 (don't think it had much to do with it)

I basically used the guide from my old RAM, which involved setting everything manually as opposed to leaving it on [AUTO] settings.
                        To get 2K ghz...

CPU LLC: [AUTO]
                        CPU/NB LLC: Enabled
                        NB voltage was set to 1.26V.
                        HT voltage set to 1.3V
                        I had to push the DRAM voltage to 1.7V,
                        the CPU/NB to 1.4V and
                        CPU is set at 1.45.

The cpu dump can be seen here:

I've managed to pass memtest with these settings but nothing else at the time of this post.
                        Last edited by Lat15; 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM. Reason: need to add more info

Comment

false alarm

Unfortunately I kept getting memory errors with further testing on the settings I posted above. This is probably why they suggest running more than one pass of memtest...

I don't think this particular set of RAM will run at 2GHZ...

I'm going to run memtest at stock settings overnight and I'll definitely be RMAing it if I get any errors.

Comment

There is no need to ever run the CPU/NB voltage at 1.40v.
                            Always manually enter the timings & DRAM voltage in the bios, never allow them to run on auto.
                            If you're failing memtest at stock frequency & timings, then an RMA may be your best option.

Good luck...
                            ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                            Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

Ive bumped mine up just a bit and it is prime95, memtest86 and everest stable I've run the crap out of it yesterday and played Crysis on it all morning so for now I guess it will be my 24/7 setup

Comment

Can you post your settings?

03hdfatboy could you post your voltage settings? They look different from the ones on the previous page. Also if you could let me know if they're manually entered or on [AUTO], that would be great.

CPU Voltage:
                                CPU/NB Voltage:
                                CPU VDDA Voltage:
                                DRAM Voltage:
                                HT Voltage:
                                NB Voltage:

I just find it odd that your CPU voltage is that low, everything I've read said you wouldn't be able to get the CPU to run at 4ghz if you don't have it at least at 1.4V.

Currently I'm running at this

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1570437

which has passed hyperPI 32M without going over 52C, it's probably as good as I'm going to get with this setup.

Last edited by Lat15; 01-02-2011, 10:40 AM. Reason: add more info, fix wrong link

Comment

Working...
                                X