F3-2133C11D-16GXL + ASRock Z77 Pro4-M + i5-3570K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C11D-16GXL + ASRock Z77 Pro4-M + i5-3570K

The computer fails to boot with XMP setting enabled and eventually boots at 1600 MHz.
    I've tried setting all motherboard settings at default and increasing DRAM voltage up to 1.65V without success.
    Any suggestions on getting this to work at 2133?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Which slots are you using?

Test one module at a time to see if they perform the same.

Comment

The BIOS installed is the latest version for the board, v2.0.
      I have the chips in the slot closest to the processor, skip a slot and third from processor.
      I tried each chip individually in the slot closest to the processor and followed up testing one chip in the second slot from the processor.
      The computer still refuses to boot on the XMP setting and after 3 attempts it goes to 1600 and boots up.

I'm replacing 4 x 4 GB of HyperX 1600 RAM that performed flawlessly, so I don't believe there is a problem directly with the motherboard.

Comment

Can you post pictures of BIOS so I can see if anything is incorrect?

Comment

It will only boot at 1600 so I didn't take a picture of the advanced DRAM settings.
          Attached Files

Comment

I need those values to see if they are causing problems.

Comment

Advanced DRAM settings...
              Attached Files

Comment

As it turns out, I bought 2 sets of the F3-2133C11D-16GXL, one set for the ASRock Z77 Pro4-M and the other set for an AsRock Z97M Pro4 and I swapped the chips since the Z97 worked flawlessly.

Each set works in the Z97 as expected and each set will only work at 1600 MHz in the Z77.

I bought these chips for the Z77 since that board is specifically list in the QVL on the G.Skill website. I really wanted them to work but I don't believe the Z77 will support them.
                At 1600 MHZ they perform poorly compared to the HyperX chips I wanted to replace so keeping them as a replacement is not an option; nor do I have a need for 32 GB in the Z97 which is only used as an HTPC.

Again, I really would like these chips to work as advertised if possible, otherwise, I would like some other agreeable alternative solution.

Thanks for your efforts and concern.

Comment

Have you tried manual settings without XMP?

Comment

Yes, I looked up the timings with Aida64 and input those manually: no success.

I loosened the timings to 13, 17, 16, 2N and still no success even with voltage increased to 1.65V.

I've also tried 1866 MHz with auto timings and no success.

Comment

Contact the RMA dept., try another kit and see if it can perform better.

rma@gskillusa.com

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
                      X