Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL + ASUS P7H57D-V EVO + Intel i5-650

Hi all

I have recently purchased a kit of 4x4Gb RipjawsX RAM to replace my old RAM. My system is as Follows:

Motherboard: ASUS P7H57D-V EVO
    CPU: Intel core i5 650 " 3.20 GHz
    Windows: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    As well as a graphics card and other standard bits and pieces.

I am having problems getting the system stable with the new RAM. If I put in more than one stick I get a repeating boot cycle (the computer shuts down halfway through BIOS boot then restarts again). If I use a single stick, I can get into the BIOS and change settings successfully, but the system fails to boot windows. It goes to windows blue screen during the windows loading screen and give an error 'windows has shut down to prevent damage to itself......'

I have updated the BIOS (which also resets all BIOS settings). I have tried each of the four sticks in a RAM slot I know works (as I can run the computer with a single stick of my old RAM in that slot) with the same result. I have confirmed the frequency, latency, and voltage are being set correctly in the BIOS. Incidentally, the frequency and latency are the same as my previous RAM which works (Mushkin 3x2GB DDR3 1600 9-9-9-9-24 1.65V)

I am out of ideas for getting the RAM to work and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You will need to exchange for two of these kits:

F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

The newer RipJaws X RAM can be an issue for older platforms such as the Intel first gen.

Comment

is that an issue with the cpu or the motherboard chip?

Comment

Same, they are both older so they can not support the newer RAM.

Comment

Working...
        X