No announcement yet.

F3-2400C10D-16GTX and gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - i7 4770K IMC/system agent voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10D-16GTX and gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - i7 4770K IMC/system agent voltage

as far as im aware xmp profiles should set the imc/system agent voltage. however in mycase it just doesnt. so my question is... what should the IMC/system voltage agent be? atm i have mine set at +0.150. also should the analogue/ digital I/O be upped a tad.

my board for these voltages give offset values. i think thats maybe why the xmp work work with the imc... i could be wrong though.

thanks
    mark

Most boards ignore profile voltages for IMC and autotune those themselves. The amount of added voltage for SA and VCCIO(A/D) varies from CPU to CPU. There is no generally "right" value, you have to find that yourself. Some people like to start at +0.100V and if stable reduce the offset in steps of -10mV for all three voltages (and likewise raise the offsets if unstable).

I personally started way lower with my 4670K & Z87X-OC for DDR3-2400, at +0.050V (SA), +0.025V (IO-d), +0.025V (IO-a) and could reduce the offsets even further (to +0.036/+0.018/+0.018).

It is a bit of work, but i am somewhat temperature limited with air cooling, so every bit helps.
    Last edited by emissary42; 08-25-2014, 04:20 PM.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

the i7-4770K CPU does not need much, you can see what the system sets it to with AUTO settings and work from there to manually input it.

Comment

Ok guys thanks for that. I tried it set at 0.036/ 0.018/ 0.018. Seems rock stable at that, so all's good
        Cheers

Mark

Comment

Very clever, i am glad it worked out taking that shortcut
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
          X