No announcement yet.

F3-14900CL9D 8GB Dual Channel Kit + ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA + i5-4570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9D 8GB Dual Channel Kit + ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA + i5-4570

Hey there, i need some help im getting a lot of freezing/restarting with some recently purchased ram.

I have ran Memtest with no sign of failure on either ram slots and running one or both sticks.

When i play dota2 with both sticks i get random crashing and freezing (with no bsod), as soon as it restarts sometimes the computer will boot right up again, sometimes it resets 2-3 times before UEFI and then boots up and sometimes it goes in a loop where it wont post, until it asks me to reset the UEFI settings to default.

The crashes are complete power down and reboot and very rarely it freezes with an awful audio loop that i have to manually reset to get it working again.

I thought it was the cas timings so i updated them with the settings on the ram configuration tool and it seemed to help but today after 1 night of playing it started doing it again. I can leave my computer on all day and nothing happens but when i launch Dota2 or watch a flash video it crashes at random times, those are the only two things. I can play Titanfall maxed settings and nothing happens. Its not overheating, neither the CPU/mobo/or GPU (geforce gtx 770)

I updated all drivers, firmware for uefi, reinstalled windows, formatted harddrive, and the problem persists.

The only time ive been able to run Dota2 with out any crashes (which was 3-4 days straight) was when i pulled one stick of RAM out, i even swapped them around and tried different slots (the a2/b2 slots on mobo) and with one stick everything works fine (either stick, slow but fine) as soon as i stick in both sticks the crashes begin.

Please help me....im out of ideas.

Hard reset BIOS/EFI, enable XMP, then see how that works.

The game does not fail with one module at a time? Did you stress the system with one module installed?

If you continue to have an issue, post pictures of BIOS/EFI settings and we can make sure everything is as it should be.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have already reset UEFI and as you can see from cpuz XMP is enabled. the game does not fail with one stick of ram, only 2.

Which uefi screen would you like a screenshot of?

Comment

CPUz does not show XMP is enabled unless the Memory tab displays all values of the XMP Profile as shown in the SPD tab.

The memory tab shows 800MHz, not ~933MHz, so either frequency is reduced with XMP enabled, or XMP is not enabled and the timings are manually input. Check which one it is to correct the issue.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I cleared the CMOS, i turned on XMP and computer will not boot, as soon as i put it to 1866 it fails to boot and resets the uefi. I can only use the ram with 800mhz.

Anything else i should try?

Comment

Sounds like the CPU can only handle DDR3-1600. Set the memory to DDR3-1600 8-9-9-24 1.550V and those should be the best settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Problem still persists i think im going to RMA them, im about to give up on this ram.

Comment

Working...
              X