RipjawsX F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL | MSI Z77A-G43 | i5 3330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL | MSI Z77A-G43 | i5 3330

Not so long ago I bought a new computer with G.Skill memory. Unfortunately, I started receiving blue screens, one even during system installation. Thinking that this might be a problem with memory I ran memtest for 14 hours and it found no errors. But when I installed older Kingston modules instead, the system became stable.

I have updated BIOS to 2.10. I've tried to run the memory at default 1600MHz, 1333MHz and 1866MHz X.M.P. with 9-10-9-28-2 at 1.5V, but with no effect. The interesing thing is that the blue screen happens only once every time I turn on the computer. After that, there is no more problems.

What may be the cause of such a situation and what can I do to fix it?

Try reseating the RAM to see if it helps. Increase DRAM Voltage slightly to see if that can help.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Changing the memory DIMMs or increasing voltage to 1.65V didn't help. I've been testing at 1600MHz and 1866MHz.

Any other advice?

Comment

Send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit works better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I send them to G.Skill and they found it is nothing wrong with the memory. Meanwhile I upgraded BIOS to 2.11 which has "Improved memory compatibility" clause, but it hasn't changed nothing. It seems that the problem exists only on one of these two modules, although I'm not sure of it. Is there any way to get these modules working? Maybe it's a problem with timings?

Comment

Good possibility your CPU just can't run 1866 sticks, try them at 1600, 9-9-9-24, 2T and 1.5

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I already tried them at 1600 and 1333Mhz with auto timings, so they were even greater than those you posted with CR at 1T, 2T and 3T. My motherboard doesn't support 1.5T.

Comment

the 1.5 was 1.5v dram voltage, not the CR... on those timings the lower the better so greater numbers for them is worse, if his numbers are lower than the ones you are using try his.... cr1 is the best if it will work for you.
                ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I'm still receiving blue screens at 1600Mhz with 9-9-9-24-2T at 1.5v or 1.65v.

Comment

Which slots do you have the RAM installed in? Test each module in each slot to see if it may be a bad slot.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Also try changing the order of the sticks... IE if you have stick 1 and 2... try it stick 1/blank/2/blank, 2/blank/1/blank.. and the same for trying slots 2&4. I actually had a set a few years back that only worked with one of the sticks closest to the cpu, possibly the issue here as well?
                      ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

One of the two modules fails. If I install only one of the modules, let's say in slot #2 as described in MB manual, everything's okay. If I put the second module instead of the first one in the same slot, it starts to fail. I will try different order combinations and let you know.
                        Last edited by maysterfix; 12-04-2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Oh, I was under the assumption that both sticks worked by themselves. If one stick fails to boot by itself it is most likely bad (or has something on its contacts) try using a makeup sponge, or a clean, soft 100% cotton Tshirt to clean the contacts on the module in question

Comment

I have cleaned the module causing blue screens and have tested it alone in every MB slot, with different timings, CR at 1T, 2T, 3T, 1.5v, 1.65v, 1600Mhz, 1333Mhz. In each case after turning on Prime95's blend test, I always get a blue screen after about 1-2 minutes. The second module alone works fine at 1866Mhz with XMP1.

Comment

Then I would say that pretty much without a doubt you have a faulty stick and it is RMA time, All gskill memory has a lifetime warranty, but you do have to pay to ship it to them. They will send you a new set and it should work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X