X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Trident Z RGB

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series
    Originally posted by G.SKILL
    Taipei, Taiwan (20 December 2016) – G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., the world’s leading manufacturer of extreme performance memory and gaming peripherals, is thrilled to announce the Trident Z RGB Series - the world’s most revolutionary RGB lighting DDR4 memory kit. Requiring no additional power connections, this incredible feat of engineering bares pure RGB lighting across an uncovered full-length light bar on the award-winning Trident Z series heatspreader design. To take a look at what’s to come, check out the following link for the Trident Z RGB trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPx0LNzgQm4

Full Range RGB Illumination; Software Control
    By default, the Trident Z RGB will display a rainbow of colors in a wave-style lighting effect, illuminating any system with a myriad of hues. Further lighting effects and color customizations can be controlled and chosen through software, scheduled for a February 2017 release.

Uncompromised Performance
    A culmination of over 25 years of experience in DRAM manufacturing, G.SKILL sought to combine full-range RGB lighting with minimal impact on DDR4 performance. Designed with a custom 10-layer PCB and hand-picked IC chips to enhance overclocking performance, the Trident Z RGB series is capable of reaching speeds of DDR4-4266MHz.

Trident Z RGB series memory kits are rigorously tested under proprietary G.SKILL test methods for reliability and compatibility to ensure the highest possible quality. And like all other G.SKILL memory, the Trident Z RGB is covered under a limited lifetime warranty, as well as full support for XMP 2.0 for easy overclocking and simple BIOS setup.

Availability
    Trident Z RGB series DDR4 memory kits are scheduled for a worldwide release via G.SKILL authorized distribution partners in mid-January 2017, with software to be available for download the following month.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPx0LNzgQm4

Source: http://gskill.com/en/press/view/g-sk...t-z-rgb-series

Edit: While i am personally not a big fan of the current RGB/LED hype, i have to admit these do look pretty awesome. What do you think?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

I have a set of 16GB Trident Z RGB on Pre-Order!

Comment

Just ordered a set of 16 GB 3200, hoping to pair it with Ryzen. Will be going with a 1700X and the MSi Carbon. Anyone from GSkill plug these into a Ryzen system yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jon666 View Post
        Just ordered a set of 16 GB 3200, hoping to pair it with Ryzen. Will be going with a 1700X and the MSi Carbon. Anyone from GSkill plug these into a Ryzen system yet?
        I'm keen to get a set of these as well as Ryzen, so I would also like to know if they will be compatible.

Comment

Yes, but max DRAM frequency will depend on the CPU and motherboard.

Comment

Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.08 EN (Beta): TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta.zip

English:
            Current beta software version supports Intel 200-series chipset motherboards. Intel 100-series chipset and AMD 300-series chipset motherboards have partial support; some models have known issues that will be fixed in the future versions. This beta version does not have Intel X99 support.
            Last edited by emissary42; 02-28-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

hello
              i'm new user.I have a set of 32GB Trident Z RGB.

regrads
              john worne
              Last edited by jimmonroe; 03-10-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

according to G.Skill site
                "The software will conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install both software at the same time, or there may be software conflicts. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs."

Have you tried to install Aura and leave trident software uninstalled? and vice versa?

As far as I understand conflict may occur if both software were installed. is this correct?
                Or should I avoid installing Aura and Trident software?

Please help. I purchased G.skill trident RGB 2x8gb 3000mhz for my Ryzen build. Mobo is Asus ROG Strix B350 F-gaming. I'm afraid to install my RAM that might lead to an issue.. How do we fix this issue?
                Last edited by ZeroHour; 07-12-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

For you, you only need to install ASUS Aura to control all RGB lighting. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroHour View Post
                    according to G.Skill site

<lots deleted>

Please help. I purchased G.skill trident RGB 2x8gb 3000mhz for my Ryzen build. Mobo is Asus ROG Strix B350 F-gaming. I'm afraid to install my RAM that might lead to an issue.. How do we fix this issue?
                    Was there an answer for this???

I too have just bought and have just seen an AMD reference NOT to buy 3000MHz ddr4 since there is no provision for dividers at this frequency. If this is so, why is there no indication that this memory is NOT SUITABLE for Ryzen???? Alternatively, is there a fix???

Comment

You can run it at DDR4-2933, which is the nearest divider.

Comment

The Trident line is beautiful illuminated memory.

Comment

There is a new promotional video ft. Trident Z RGB and some very unique builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAiO2efIgM

Check G.SKILL Official @ Facebook and enter the Trident Z RGB 1st Anniversary Giveaway for the chance to win a kit

Comment

Working...
                          X