No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL RIPJAWS X + Gigabyte GA G41M Combo + Intel Core2Quad Q9550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL RIPJAWS X + Gigabyte GA G41M Combo + Intel Core2Quad Q9550

I recenlty decided to upgrade the RAM on my old PC. It was running on 4GB DDR2 667 (Dual channel). Since DDR2 is out of market, I could only get hands on a pair of GSkill RipjawsX 1333MHz DDR3. My motherboard supports both DDR2 and DDR3 (1066 and 1333(O.C.))

However when I connected the RAM modules, motherboard is rejecting them. When asked around people said its because my motherboard cannot support 1333MHz modules unless I overclock.

So, could some kind soul give me the BIOS settings to overclock my memory to 1333MHz?

I have a cooler master Hyper T4 cooler if that matters.

Thank you.

You need to try this model:

F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT

I believe it is a compatibility issue with BIOS.

The CPU is 1333MHz FSB so it should support DDR3-1333 ok

Comment

The motherboard specification says it supports DDR3 1066MHz out of the box. But can support 1333MHz if overclocked.

I searched for that particular model (GSkill Value), but could not find any retailer in our country who still had stock. But I have managed to find one today. Is that RAM dual channel capable. Or should I try to find a 4X2 kit?

Thi is the list of supported memory for my motherboard:
      file:///home/alwin/Downloads/mb_memory_ga-g41m-combo.pdf

But it does not list F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT as compatible. Are you sure this model is compatible?

BTW, I have not tried overclocking yet. If possible I would really like to make the two sticks I already got working.

But from what you are saying it looks like the BIOS and the sticks are incompatible and it wont accept the RAM even if I overclock. Is that right?

Anyway thanks a lot for your help; especially for suggesting the right RAM model.
      Last edited by mindfane; 04-27-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Yes, the RAM is dual channel capable, or you can get a dual channel kit:

F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

This RAM is the only one that may be compatible with older systems.

Correct, it seems like the current RAM is not compatible with existing BIOS.

Comment

Working...
        X