No announcement yet.

G.Skill (F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH) problem?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill (F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH) problem?!?

Dear Members,

I have custom built my 1st PC Mid Tower a few days back, with BRAND NEW products except SATA drive had that a month ago when using my old mobo.

Anyhow, I put them altogether using the suggested grounding aid in order to not create any issues,using the following purchases:

1x Cooler Master Case, windowed edition,
    1x 850w plus 80 (what 80 means I don't know),
    1x ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME,
    1x HIS ATI RADEON (1024 MB) (H587F1GDG) Graphics Card Pci-e,
    1x Orico five usb 3.0 Pci-e,
    3x Areocool fans 120mm led (one blue intake and two red out-take),
    2x XigmaTek XAF-F1452 led (blue intakes),
    1x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333mhz - F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH,
    1x Noctua - Heatsink + Fan CPU Cooling Kit - NH-C12P SE14,
    1x Transcend 8GB JetFlash 600 Hi-Speed 2.0 USB Flash Drive - for READYBOOST,
    1x SATA WD BLACK 1TB (windows and programmes plus all personal data and family photo's, etc...),
    1x Icybox IB-868 3.5 inch USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader with USB Charging Port,
    1x Arctic Cooling MX-2 8g Thermal Compound,
    1x Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor.

I think that's it...

I have braded the wires that need to be to make it neat and allow better air-flow.

I previously was using on my SATA (using the jumper to make it 3GB p/s - as the mobo before did not allow, well it said so mobo on the box 3gb p/s only) Windows 7 Ultimate and split it in two drives in theory, so a back-up could be created and updated every two moths or so.

I will point out now my budget set was exceeded, hence the cheaper RAM, but G.Skill said it would work.

Then problem struck:

I can not use the two rams only one to go past Post before BIOS, so used the mobo feature to bypass to get into post that made the single ram to a lower speed and auto did the calculations 'Code error on board 55.'

On sorting that, still only accepting one ram (tried most things from the internet, update BIOS, untick power surge feature and check XMP is enabled), it goes to black windows and just after you see the coloured balls it drops dead and, restarts the PC only to go back to the previous paragraph and manual button need pressing to get it past post and bios.

Thank for reading and anyhelp would be very much appreciated.

Regards and season greeting to all, Jonathan

P.S. hers 's G.Skill's internet site that so the DDR3 is compatible:

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-10666cl7d-8gbxh

Will both sticks work by themselves in slot 1? if so have you tried in 2-4 and/or 1-3

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X