Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C10Q-32GAO errors at 1600 useless

Hi everyone,

I got the F3-1600C10Q-32GAO, and before I was having lots of random crashes, apps not opening, after a few months of troubleshooting changing motherboards, ended up RMA'ed the ram.. I've tried the XMP mode, etc...
    now

Lately, I got this crash again, showing signs like before........

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 10.0.9200.16688, time stamp: 0x5213fe9a
    Faulting module name: MSHTML.dll, version: 10.0.9200.16688, time stamp: 0x52140b7e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x009dd33e
    Faulting process id: 0x21d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb730bf5b2caa
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSHTML.dll
    Report Id: ac453d1d-234b-11e3-be89-c860009d2182
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This problem is new:

And when copying data from CDRs, the speed will drop the DVD drive will start clicking and ended up scratching the black CDRs, now I wonder if there is damage done to this.

At the same time, I get

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

source: cdrom,
    Event ID: 7

Many times this appears.

I took the same CDR went to go copy it on my dad's pc, copied no problem.

Then I backed off the ram timing to Auto, -> 1333.
    And it copied without a problem.

I'm really upset, because I took the time to email GSkill to find out if the ram was compatible... been struggling with issues for the last few months, also went through a few western digital blue hard drives..

I did plan to use this as a gaming pc, and now being at 1333... sure it might make a minor difference, still something that bothers me.

I was willing to refund, change, the ram, but I can't.. and this makes me very uneasy that it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I really wanted 1600 ddr speed.

I find everytime we try to run it at 1600, it messes up. I've been in touch with Asus, I have the latest bios settings.

Similar to the user in the review:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231559

I did run memtest86 and everything was fine.......

Is the ram damaged again?
    What can I do?

One thing what burns me was that I consulted GSkill before purchasing this ram to make sure it would work...

All to say that the old Kingston Blu ddr 1600 works fine without a problem, its only 2 sticks of 4gb.... still if that can work this one shouldn't have a problem.

They reply as:
    Dear Customer,

Since the same thing happened even after an RMA replacement, chances are,
    the problem lies with the motherboard.

However, it is worth trying manual settings. Please make sure that the BIOS
    is updated to the latest version and that you have cleared CMOS or reset the
    BIOS to optimal defaults, then use the following manual settings (do not use
    XMP):
    DRAM Frequency = 1600MHz
    DRAM Voltage = 1.60V or 1.65V (do not go above 1.65V)
    CL Timing = 10-10-10 or optionally 10-10-10-30
    Command Rate = 2

The system should be able to operate under those settings. If not, it's most
    likely that the motherboard or CPU has problem supporting 1600MHz.

Perhaps the forum may be able to offer better suggestions. Thank you.

Best Regards

Tech Support Team, F.A.E.

Pushing to 1.6v is not something I feel comfy with.. and still the issues can pop up.... later on like last time, gradually got worse...

Specs:
    intel I5 3570
    Asus P8H77-V with 1703 bios
    2 WD black drives
    Asus BW12ST
    Corsair TX750 ( I even changed PSU's during this process) same result

Thank you
    Rajinder
    Last edited by npfd; 09-23-2013, 05:26 PM.

Have you tried running it in 16 gb pairs? see if it dislikes 32gb at that speed or if it dislikes the memory at that speed. That is a pretty severe tax on all things memory, but that setup should be capable if everything is going correctly, try different pairs in both dual channel slots to see if possibly one of the slots on the mobo is bad, or dislikes your memory. This will let you know if its a bad stick or a bad slot, or if your setup just dislikes 32 gb at that speed.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion supahos.. I haven't tried it yet I'm at the point of giving up on this, even the voltage thing didnt' help, I'm afraid to ruin the components... the cpu was changed, Mobo rma'ed, and giving the same problems.. actually with the RMA ram the cdrom errors popped up never happened before... again metest passes fine but in windows where the trouble starts....

if anyone is interested I might try to sell the ram, but with these issues seems like no one is going to want to buy it

thank you

Comment

Might try raising the VCCSA to 1.1 and see if it helps

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X