Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these DRAM voltage fluctuations normal? (F4-2400C15D-16GVR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these DRAM voltage fluctuations normal? (F4-2400C15D-16GVR)

Hey there,

I've been experiencing some "Event 4101 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" errors, and I just wanted to rule out my RAM as a potential cause as I troubleshoot this, as I have read that these random display crashes can be related to memory. In my BIOS I noticed that my DRAM voltage was fluctuating between 1.184 and 1.200, and so I was wondering if this was normal behavior or not?

System specs:

i7 6700k Overclocked @ 4.5ghz - 1.265 Vcore

Memory: G.Skill 16GB 2x 2400 - F4-2400C15D-16GVR (XMP profile enabled @ 1.200 DRAM voltage)

Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-A

Power Supply: EVGA SUPERNOVA 750w

Video card: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Fluctuation is normal with any Voltage. You can manually set it higher to see if stability improves.

Same with CPU VCore

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Fluctuation is normal with any Voltage. You can manually set it higher to see if stability improves.

Same with CPU VCore
      Thank you for the reply! If I may ask, what would be the highest safe voltage for these particular modules? I've never really adjusted RAM voltages/settings manually before, I apologize.

Also, is it common for different motherboards to require different voltage tuning, even if from the same manufacturer?
      Last edited by OberonV; 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Modules can handle high Voltage as long as the other settings complement, such as timings, and frequency.

Yes, every motherboard design and auto Voltage values can vary, so some fine tuning may be necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X