Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Sabertooth X79 + i7-4820K + F3-2133C10Q-16GZM

Hi all,

I'm a French man who have, for the first ever time, assembled a new PC 2 weeks ago with new and used stuff, bought to private individuals.
    Based on the same motherboard (that's why I'm using this topic and didn't create another one) : Asus Sabertooth X79, it runs an Intel i7 4820K and the G.Skill F3-2133C10Q-16GZM with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits.

I'm a total beginner with overclocking and I've just enabled the XMP mode in the BIOS (ver. 4701).
    Here are all the settings automatically changed :

So, all was running very good till last Sunday.
    My computer started to get slow, with weird displays ended up with no responses at all. Only the cursor was still moving but I couldn't do anything except pressing 'Reset' button.
    And I got this report :

I've lost my keyboard's profiles ...
    I had the same issue yesterday (once a day !) and this morning, I thought it was happening because of some weird displays again (I guess it's a part of the top of my browser (Firefox) that is blue and there is a blue rectangle appearing around the personal bar with favorites and/or a rectangle appearing on the Windows taskbar with semi-transparency).

I'm used to monitor my temperature stuff on my old G15's LCD screen with free softwares while playing BF4.
    Yesterday evening, after 1 hour playing, I got only 30fps whereas I usually have 200 and the temperatures were cooling down !
    Maybe, I would record voltage data and check the RAM individually.

So, could you please tell me what I have to check to solve this issue ?
    Last edited by Chris33; 10-29-2014, 03:53 AM.
    Cooler Master Storm Sniper | Corsair PS HX750 80+ Silver | Asus Sabertooth X79 | Intel i7 4820K | Cooler Master Seidon 120M | 4x4Go G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133 | Sapphire Toxic R9 280X

Hi Chris

Double check settings in BIOS/EFI. Test one module at a time to see if they all pass smoothly. If so, try them all together again.

Let us know the result!

Comment

Hi Admin,

What do you mean with double check settings in BIOS/EFI ?
      What do you want me to especially check ? Which values ?

I've tested one module at a time and all together with Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool, with Standard tests and no problems have been detected.
      Cooler Master Storm Sniper | Corsair PS HX750 80+ Silver | Asus Sabertooth X79 | Intel i7 4820K | Cooler Master Seidon 120M | 4x4Go G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133 | Sapphire Toxic R9 280X

Comment

So are you still having a problem? The first thing to check when that happens is whether the settings are correct and what they should be at.

If they are correct, and the modules are good, there's no reason they can't be stable.

Comment

- Are the settings correct ?
          - I think so !

- What should they be at ?

- Are you still having a problem ?
          - Sir, yes Sir ! Yesterday, while I was among a lot of opened windows !

If they are correct, and the modules are good, there's no reason they can't be stable.
          - And yet ...

Comment

So it happened again, 3 times since the 2 last weeks.
            Last time was yesterday evening, after having run good all day long and shutting it down, it took me 30 minutes when rebooting after 2 hours off, to get a stable system because it wasn't an evident crash : getting slow, not all the icons on the desktop and Win8 inactive (no reaction when pointing cursor in the bottom right) and finally an evident crash after 15 secondes playing BF4 !

Comment

SPD is not what the memory is operating. Post screen shots of Memory tab.

Do you have the latest BIOS/EFI?

Check one module at a time, memtest or stress test to see if they work properly.

Comment

Working...
              X