Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COuld try 1.4 to 1.44 on CPU/NB, but think I'd drop to 1333 8-8-8-24, AMD CPUs don't have strong MCs (Memory Controllers) or try the sticks at 1600 9-9-9-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i don't have problem with 1600 cl8 8 8 24
      my problem is in 1800 cl 10 10 10 30 :|
      i cann't set in this frequenc !!!
      i think my problem is CPU !!!

Comment

If the CPU is running 1600 I'd be happy, these sticks can OC well, but you need a CPU with a MC (Memory Controller) that can handle if.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just as sort of an update to AMD MC limitations, below is a link to AMD's MC limitation guide by family: Have to keep in mind that not all CPUs in the family can achieve the highest speeds and also that the testing was done with 4GB sticks. Most of the more technical info can be found in their BIOS and Kernel Guide:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

Tman

Comment

I have been using AMD Phenom X2 550 . Previously I had an MSI 880GM-E41. I had purchased a G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT) RAM . The mobo worked without any problem . On a fine day , the mother board went off due to some chipset problem . Didn't bother to repair . Bought a new basic board ECS A960M-MV . At the point of purchase , I didn't check the compatibility of the RAM with the MB . The PC is running upgraded windows 8.1 32 bit ( Was upgraded from windows 8 ) . I had been experiencing BSD frequently . Now, I hear that this MB is not compatible with this ram . What can I do now ?

Comment

Hello there,

sory for bumping very old topic but i had to post, cuz i <3 g.skill, working very good now and back intel p4 times

Wanted to share the thing ive achiwed with ppl that might be on similar setups.

Last edited by _Dave; 10-24-2017, 07:17 AM. Reason: too big screenshot, ive change it

Comment

Looks good, you may be able to lower timings even more with that memory kit.

Also, what motherboard do you have? It may also be helpful if you posted BIOS pics of changes so new users feel comfortable copying settings over to their BIOS. For a new builder, BIOS view and changes can be intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                  Looks good, you may be able to lower timings even more with that memory kit.

Also, what motherboard do you have? It may also be helpful if you posted BIOS pics of changes so new users feel comfortable copying settings over to their BIOS. For a new builder, BIOS view and changes can be intimidating.
                  yeah, for now my target was higher speed, IMO the keystone is the motherboard, i believe that other users could do better but the mobo limits them, not mentioning stability.

im useing crosshair v formula (rev.1) bios 1703 or 0813, about settings,
                  - cpu @ stock speed (3200mhz) - 1.35vcore
                  - its recommend for a deneb to work with stock HT speed,
                  - cpu-nb; right now im trying higher speed, 2400, 2600, maybe 2800 to see witch one is best (1.25v)

From my experience new users can feel comfortable with g.skill memory, im from times of athlon xp, with f1 ddr500 2x1gb mem, never had any problems till this day.
                  i.e. this mem kit is not in QVL for my momo, its even not dedicated for my cpu, i knew it while i was buying it.

-D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	202008_DDR_1926.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	165184
                  Last edited by _Dave; 08-30-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X