F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR SPD dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR SPD dump

Hi all - is there any way to get a HEX dump specifically for F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR? I'd like to do some comparisons and possible restoration.

Disregard - I found a backup I made and all is well.
    Last edited by Whiskey-Foxtrot; 05-14-2017, 02:18 AM.

G.SKILL must share SPD for all RGB series modules. This will help users restore SPD by themselves! Besides this will reduce RMA requests.

Comment

I agree with you, but imagine the new can of worms they'll open up with that! As long as they had a specific line that read something like "Use this and all warranty is null and void", but that could have a backlash.

I wish the SPD wasn't used the way it is now, it would prevent a lot of issues (RMA's etc etc); I'm not sure how they'll crawl out of this one!

I understand the need for every vendor wanting their own RGB (or other) implementation and it's fine if they keep it proprietary, but they (Corsair, G.Skill, Asus et all) should all come together and have a API style or modular approach so it all can work together. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Comment

How do you make a backup of your SPD info? It's not something I ever had to look into before.
        Asus STRIX Z270F
        i7700k
        16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Comment

Originally posted by naujoks View Post
          How do you make a backup of your SPD info? It's not something I ever had to look into before.
          The easy way is with Thaiphoon Burner (softnology.biz - PS not related/partnered with them - just LOVE their product).

Just "Read" your RAM's SPD, then click on the save icon. Done. That's it. I'd recommend doing this before you actually need a backup i.e. before using beta LED controller software or Aura.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Comment

If the background backup option is enabled (under the Backup main menu) Thaiphoon Burner adds SPD to a separate database file Backups.bdb once SPD reading is complete. You can check your SPD history though the SPD Backup Manager (under the same Backup main menu). You can open SPD or extract it to file from this database via a context menu.
            Last edited by facehook; 05-15-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
              Hi all - is there any way to get a HEX dump specifically for F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR? I'd like to do some comparisons and possible restoration.

Disregard - I found a backup I made and all is well.
              I also need a working HEX dump (F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR). It would be great if anyone could submit one.

Comment

Originally posted by facehook View Post
                If the background backup option is enabled (under the Backup main menu) Thaiphoon Burner adds SPD to a separate database file Backups.bdb once SPD reading is complete. You can check your SPD history though the SPD Backup Manager (under the same Backup main menu). You can open SPD or extract it to file from this database via a context menu.
                That's pretty neat - didn't even see that, I just automatically back up manually! Thanks for showing that.

Originally posted by Hug0tte View Post
                I also need a working HEX dump (F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR). It would be great if anyone could submit one.
                You messaged me but your inbox is full so I couldn't reply. F4-3200C14-8GTZR is in the db which works. Restoring it is not going to make much of a difference if you still have an issue with LED controller software causing conflicts though.

Comment

Yes, F4-3200C14-8GTZR is the correct part number for one module of either F4-3200C14D-16GTZR or F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR.
                  Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Whiskey-Foxtrot, thank you. I got Thaiphoon and discovered that 4 out of 8 sticks had bad SPD's. Since I had a good backup I was able to restore all sticks. Worked perfectly, my sticks are F4-3000C14-8GTZR DDR4-2133 with XMP.

Have been able to set color on sticks to match my build.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativWan View Post
                      Whiskey-Foxtrot, thank you. I got Thaiphoon and discovered that 4 out of 8 sticks had bad SPD's. Since I had a good backup I was able to restore all sticks. Worked perfectly, my sticks are F4-3000C14-8GTZR DDR4-2133 with XMP.

Have been able to set color on sticks to match my build.
                      That's great! Now just pay attention to the RGB controller software; if you make any changes keep a log of steps in case something goes wrong so it can help G.Skill devs to troubleshoot if necessary.

Comment

Restored my SPDs on all 4 sticks. 2 were working while one was dark and another that was "stuck" (RGB software couldnt control it). Tried a few things such as unplugging power and drain and no difference. Even wrote SPD info from both my backup, the Typhoon Burner database, as well as the one Whisky-Foxtrot posted.

However, during my lunch break, I decided to swap the sticks around to different slots. The one stick that was stuck was now able to be controlled by the RGB software but the previous 2 that used to work became "stuck". The stick that went dark was still the same. Will play around with that later tonight. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

P.S. I am using an ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming motherboard with an 1800X. Sticks are F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR.

Prior to moving sticks around:
                        A1 A2 B1 B2
                        [X][D][X][S] -- X = good, D = dark, S = stuck

Moved the sticks in reverse slot order:
                        A1 A2 B1 B2
                        [X][S][D][S] -- X = good, D = dark, S = stuck
                        Last edited by jrsx86; 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

@jrsx86 - did you completely uninstall whatever LED controller software you were using? If any issues were caused by that software and it's still installed, it won't make much of a difference whether you mess with the SPD or not.

Comment

If anyone needs it i got a spd dump of G.Skill F4-3000C15-8GTZR

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
                              @jrsx86 - did you completely uninstall whatever LED controller software you were using? If any issues were caused by that software and it's still installed, it won't make much of a difference whether you mess with the SPD or not.
                              Yup, completely uninstalled any and all LED control software such as CAM, CUE, and of course G.Skill BETA software. Rewrote SPDs successfully on all 4 sticks, CRC okay (used to be corrupt). G.Skill software can only control 2 sticks if I'm lucky. Moving sticks around to different slots made some difference but in the end, I couldn't get everything working.

In the end, I RMA'd the RAM and am going to go with non-RGB's for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X