Re: Dead LEDs on one module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead LEDs on one module

Have to say guys, when i built my machine over the weekend and install the ram it looked amazing in the rainbow effect.

I tried to install the software and it didnt work. After updating drivers etc for fresh install of graphics card etc I tried the software again and it worked! I looked amazing with all the effects.

The next day went to boot my machine and saw one dark stick - with the smallest amount of light on towards the bottom of it. My heart pounded as I thought my ram had died. After closer inspection found that it was just the RGB. Tried everything listed in the forum to get it to work, but had no joy. My other stick just stayed solid orange.

Gave up last night and sending the ram back to Ebuyer. They will be sending me a replacement but could be a few days. It seems like the software i the route course of the issues.

Such a shame. I will be installing my exchanged ram and just leaving it in rainbow mode until it gets sorted. If it stops working in rainbow mode I will just buy white Hyper Fury X ram.

Just need something that works at this stage.

My Specs are listed below as it may help others:

MSI SLI Plus x370
    Ryzen 1700
    EVGA 750w power supply
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB Aero OC
    Samsung 250gb M.2 SSD
    Running the stock waith cooler.

Question to g skill. If the software is corrupting the SPD why can't you make a simple restore feature that will allow us to use the rgb ram for now?

Comment

Well after loads of emails and no response from g skill. I have RMA my ram for a refund.

Purchased Kingston fury hyper in white. Best solution to this issue. Thank you g skill for your lack of response

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnymanku1985 View Post
        Well after loads of emails and no response from g skill. I have RMA my ram for a refund.

Purchased Kingston fury hyper in white. Best solution to this issue. Thank you g skill for your lack of response
        Wow. I want believe they are giving you a refund. Glad to hear.

Comment

Working...
        X