Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Control V1.00.28 Problems

Hi All,

New to the G.Skill forum, however, not new the the forum world.

I have 4 Trident Z RGB Modules everything was working great with the Beta software, Yesterday i updated to the new version V1.00.28 and all of the sudden i get the following message:

"No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system!
    Program will be terminated"

I found tons of people posting the same problem, tried multiple solution but didn't solve my issue.

I ran Thaiphoon and all modules CRCs are checking OK, i tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, i tried asus aura, changing modules.

Any help? maybe a G.Skill tech could help me before i RMA these modules. I cannot believe i spend $850+ on premium modules and I have to go through all this.

Thank you for any and all help.

Hi did you try something like the following:
    Uninstall the software
    Go into the program directory and check wether there are some artifacts and delete everythin related to the software
    Check the Services running and terminate the Lighting Service
    Restart the System and check services again. If Lighting Service is removed you are fine and can reinstall the software.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi d.giessing,

Thank you for the recommendation, i have tried that with no luck

I should contact G.Skill Customer service and see what they have to say.

Comment

Hi JayKay, http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....2&postcount=69

Comment

i restarted multiple times already
          Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
          Asrock Z270 Extreme4
          16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
          Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
          Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
          ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

Hi facehook,

Find the screenshot attached.

Thank You
            Attached Files

Comment

Неllo JayKay,

Thanks! Please read my reply at https://www.gskill.us/forum/showthre...t=14257&page=8

Comment

Thank you for the help, but my issue is different cause i do not see similarities with my modules and the other guys.

Contacted G.Skill support 4 days ago with no response...

Its just amazing.

Comment

same problem. it was working fine, thn stopped suddenly. same error ,

Comment

same here, reinstalling 0.22 beta version didnt fix it either

Comment

0.16 also doesn't work

Comment

Here is how i fixed this.

restored my system, after restoring the system completely, everything worked again!

Granted your SPD is not corrupt.

Also, G.SKILL was of no help, non of their solutions worked.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKay View Post
                          Here is how i fixed this.

restored my system, after restoring the system completely, everything worked again!

Granted your SPD is not corrupt.

Also, G.SKILL was of no help, non of their solutions worked.
                          How do you know if your SPD is corrupt. Is this a sign? Is there any way to fix this without a fresh windows install?

Comment

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.28 – No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module found

I recently updated my Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 to the latest BIOS Version F10. My G.Skill Trident Z DRAM Modules F4-3200C14-8GTZR always worked like a charm on this board, well except the first versions. With the F10 BIOS still Frequency speed @ 3200 so everything fine. Anyhow, when looking into my case I found out that the LEDs of my G.Skills were OFF. Tried a lot of stuff and found that you simply need to power off your computer and cut the power supply for a certain time so the caps will be unloaded as well. I made a coffee so came back around 2 minutes later. Afterwards I had the default rainbow effect again. Nice, thought the new G.Skill v1.00.28 will work now, but nope: „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ error message showed up. Tried a lot of things but nothing could fix it (Deinstall, Reinstall all versions[v1.00.16, v1.00.22], reinstalled windows, deactivated the Logitech Gaming services, …). What really was the issue that the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip file is coming from an unknown source(?) so Windows 10 will not unzip it properly (At least what my thoughts are here). I would guess this guide will work for any other Hardware combinations as the problems seems to be the file handling in windows. So ASUS, MSI, ASRock and other MB vendors should work as well.

My solution:

1) If the modules are completely dark, power off computer, cut power supply for a couple of seconds (To be safe 2 mins?)
                            2) Afterwards you should have the rainbow effect again
                            3) If the modules are not recognized by the G.SKILL Trident Z Control Software and you get the „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ message do this:
                            3a) Uninstall the Software
                            3b) Delete the AXSP and the IO folder within the ASUS folder in you programs(x86) folder and the LightingService folder.
                            4) Restart your computer
                            5) Now download the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip
                            6) Do not unzip the files! Right click on the .zip and go to Properties
                            7) Now in General check the unblock checkbox. After clicking on it the box is gone and the zip will be trusted.

8) Now unzip and install. After the restart of the system you hopefully have control of your DRAM’s LEDs again.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by kuLLe View Post
                              My solution: [..]

Hope that helped.
                              Thank you kulle, your advise did the trick and is worth gold. I was already considering to send the modules back. I am sure the "modules not found" message is driving everybody crazy, who encounter it.

Well i hope they read it to fix their software.

Best regards ramlet
                              Last edited by ramlet; 12-24-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X