F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO+Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5+AMD Phenom II x4 945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO+Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5+AMD Phenom II x4 945

Forgive me if this has already been answered, I searched the forums and tried the settings in the sticky but still haven't been able to figure it out. So here's the deal:

I have 4x2GB sticks of the RAM mentioned in the title. Everything seems to run fine if I install two sticks in slots 1 and 3 (DDR3_1 and DDR3_3) which according to the manual is Channel_0. I've tested all four sticks in this manner and they work fine. However, when I populate all four slots and fire it up, I get no POST, only some long beeps. Most of my settings are on auto. Are there some settings I should be adjusting to get all four sticks to work?

Thanks in advance!

It might be worth noting that I was told that overclocking is apparently only supported on one channel; however, I have not overclocked the memory at all. I've set it at 1600 or below.

Comment

So you have one module in blue and the other in white? DDR3_1 closest to CPU, and DDR3_3 third slot away from CPU?

If that's the case, the motherboard is defective. Considering everything is installed properly and CPU socket pins are good.

Comment

Working...
      X