G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Go Back   G.SKILL TECH FORUM ? Product Discussion ? Gaming Peripherals ? Gaming Keyboards

Gaming Keyboards Issue with gaming keyboard? Post a thread in here

Old 10-02-2017, 05:05 PM

T2Apex is reading into overclocking
Default KM780 Keyboard - Can I use modifier keys to make a multi-key bind?

How can I bind Ctrl+1 to "G1" without creating a macro?

In a certain game I'm able to set a command using a modifier key and another key. I decided to try ctrl+1 in game. I then thought I could customize the g-key "G1" to be ctrl+1 but I'm only able to reassign "G1" to just 1 key only. Do I really have to create a macro to accomplish this?

For reference, I am a former logitech keyboard user. I was able to do a multi-key bind using their software so I figured the g.skill software would allow me to do that as well.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:02 AM
Administrator

G.SKILL has disabled reputation

Hi T2Apex,

Our key reassignment allows only single-key reassignment. It currently does not support multi-key reassignments, such as ones with modifier keys.

At the moment, you'll have to create a macro, and you can set one without delay. The result would be the same. Is there any particular reason macro is not preferred?

We can put in a request to the keyboard dev team to see if a multi-key binding reassignment with modifier keys can be added to the keyboard software in the future. But in the meantime, creating a macro would be the only way to do this on the KM780. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:40 AM

T2Apex is reading into overclocking

Thanks for the response. The game I'm playing is an MMO that does not really like players using macros since sometimes it can give an advantage over other players in the game. Their rule is that generally, 1 keypress is 1 function. However, they are fine with the usage of a modifier key and another key to accomplish 1 function. Pressing G1 as ctrl+1 should be fine in this case even if I use a macro to do this. I didn't want to set up a macro just because I wanted to avoid the usage of them due to the game developers policy. I think it would be great if the keyboard dev's could include this option later on. For now I'll use the macro without delay.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:36 PM

Snebbik is reading into overclocking
Default Multi key assignment

So I was trying to set a macro for a key combo of ctrl+alt+9 for a push to talk button in discord, however no matter how I set or make the macro all it does it turn the mic on and off extremely fast instead of just holding the line open.

I really could use a multikey assignment ability and I'm pretty surprised that you don't offer that in your software.

I'm using the KM780 MX firmware 29 - software 0.91
Old 11-18-2017, 06:08 AM

Rafa is reading into overclocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snebbik View Post
So I was trying to set a macro for a key combo of ctrl+alt+9 for a push to talk button in discord, however no matter how I set or make the macro all it does it turn the mic on and off extremely fast instead of just holding the line open.

I really could use a multikey assignment ability and I'm pretty surprised that you don't offer that in your software.

I'm using the KM780 MX firmware 29 - software 0.91
Did you try with creating a Macro that only have the pressing, not the unpressing, and then in macro setting putting (Enable / disable continuos use of the assigned key)?

With this, you'll have to press once when you want to talk, and press again when you want to silence the microphone.

I mean, like this:

(I have in spanish, sorry about that, but the play setting should be something like I said before: Enable / disable continuos use of the assigned key )

I don't have any program to test this right now, please let me know if this works.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:23 PM

From what I can tell the mode you describe is Toggle continuous using assigned key, and I believe I already tried that, but I went ahead and put in the down press only, removed all time delays, and put it on the toggle continuous and it just constantly opens and closes the chat line when I press the key, until I press it again.

It's almost like instead of actually continuously pressing it down once and holding it, it is instead just pulsing the key combo entered.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
From what I can tell the mode you describe is Toggle continuous using assigned key, and I believe I already tried that, but I went ahead and put in the down press only, removed all time delays, and put it on the toggle continuous and it just constantly opens and closes the chat line when I press the key, until I press it again.

It's almost like instead of actually continuously pressing it down once and holding it, it is instead just pulsing the key combo entered.
I put the UI in English to make sure what it is and the option I said is "Toggle Macro On/Off". Sorry about that, I thought change the language UI would be more trouble than really is.

Did you try with that option too?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:44 AM

There is no toggle macro on/off on my version. The only options are Play Once, Play Multiple Times, Toggle continuous using assigned key, and Play while assigned key is pressed. I have tried all playback options and all but the Play Once just cause the mic to rapidly open and close, instead of just holding it open. Play once just opens it for a split second and closes it.

If I manually input the key combination it holds it open no problem. I don't understand why they don't have multikey assignment as a function, and instead force using macros which aren't working.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 AM

I've attached a file of the macro options, what I had in the macro window, and the gskill firmware/software page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gskill.png
Views:	22
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	944   Click image for larger version

Name:	gskill2.png
Views:	23
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	945   Click image for larger version

Name:	gskill3.png
Views:	21
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	946  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:41 AM

Quote:
I've attached a file of the macro options, what I had in the macro window, and the gskill firmware/software page.
Hello, I see that you have an outdated version. Could you update to the last version to see if that happens too in the last version??