Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 120GB issues (delay/lag when accessing drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 120GB issues (delay/lag when accessing drive)

i have 2 of these drives phoenix pro 120gb (FM-25S2S-120GBP2) in raid 0. the volume is not used for the os as i feared that one of them may be faulty, because there was no smart data visible on one of the drives. when i had purchased them, i ran a test with hd tune to see if all the sectors are in good shape, i did not receive any errors.

is there a specific utility from g.skill to see if the drives are faulty or maybe some other 3rd party utility? the reason i ask is because when i try to browse the contents of that volume, there is a significant delay to list the folders and files contained on there. sometimes there is a 10-15 second wait when trying to play a video of the raided volume.

yesterday i went to access the volume for some files and wast able to, the windows 7 hourglass was spinning and the whole system ended up being unstable. i reset the computer and the bios post screen did not show either one of those drives, reset again and they showed up and one of them showed up as "failed". a few more resets did not bring it up, powered it down for a minute or so, then booted it up and they both showed up fine on the post screen and the volume was working again in windows.

is there a way for me to confirm that the drives are good or bad?

thanks

system specs

MOBO: Abit IP35-Pro
    CPU: Q6600 2.4GHz @ 3.6GHz(400x9)
    GFX: EVGA GTX460 FTW 1GB
    RAM: 4x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 PC2 6400
    PSU: Corsair HX 620W(CMPSU-620HX)
    HDD: 3x1TB (WD Black) 0+5 Intel Matrix Raid
    SSD: 2x120GB Phoenix Pro (FM-25S2S-120GBP2) Raid 0
    Last edited by medo145; 06-16-2011, 07:43 AM. Reason: added system specs

Hi medo145,
    we don't have a specific utility to confirm the SSD going to dead or not, if your SSD are unstable to be detect many times, please back up your data in the SSD and send it back for RMA.

Comment

does gskill offer advanced RMA and is there a charge associated with it?

thanks

Comment

Dear medo145,
        if your SSD still under warranty, there's no extra charge for the RMA. except shipping cost!

Comment

Working...
        X