Slow boot time Phoenix PRO 120 Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow boot time Phoenix PRO 120 Win 7

I have a Phoenix PRO 120gig SSD and recently am having some issues with windows 7 load times. Everything else seems fine, write/read speed, game maps loading, programs all load at the normal speed. WPE says the drive is a 7.7/7.9 so I don't know if there's an actual issue with the drive having problems loading windows 7 or windows 7 itself. My machine used to load Windows 7(excluding POST) in 8-10s now it takes 30s. I'm not sure if there's some sort of driver issue or maybe even the new firmware. I'm a bit lazy to format the whole drive so maybe someone may know what could be causing this, maybe a certain thing trying to load on startup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

hi vandal,

did you install any driver recently? and how was your usage of the SSD? how many GB left?
    becuase some driver will slowdown the speed of the load times, and if you install to many data in the SSD will slowdown too.

Comment

Hi, there is 50gigs of space left on the drive. I did install a mouse driver for the steel series XAI mouse but I highly doubt that's going to cause my system to boot slower since the mouse is plugged in etc...

Comment

Hi vandal,
        driver was the most possible reason to effect the loading speed in your case, nomatter how the performance dropped, it shouldn't be taking 30S to load your windows. also, we don't think update new firmware will cause that.

Comment

do you know of a program for Windows 7 that allows you to enable and disable any drivers trying to initialize? I can't seem to find one. There's one to disable services, but I'm guessing thats only for once windows is loaded.

Comment

Hi, vandal
            sorry, i never hear this kind of program. as i know, you need to uninstall to test the issue. or you can try to change the SATA cable, plug to the original SATA port build on board. i hope it will help!

Comment

So I stumbled across the solution today. I had my mouse unplugged when I rebooted my machine and what do you know it boots in 7s np. Apparently some motherboards have issues with the Steelseries XAI mouses. Due to the fact that they have onboard memory so there is some conflict which causes windows/the mother board to look for something on the storage in the mouse.

There's no good fix for it and I don't think there will be, the only way to solve the problem is to buy a PCI USB 2.0 card and plug the mouse in there.

Comment

hi Vandal,

you should ask them to see if they have any solution! but glad to know that's not our SSD's problem!

Comment

Working...
                X