Does your SSD Stutter, act odd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your SSD Stutter, act odd?

Here's a helpful report, which also provides a number of useful links, particularly to XP users,
    who might find it interesting after being told here that there are NO tweaks for XP

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62580

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

thanks
    but we can't guarantee if it really improves the SSD performance

G.S

Comment

The links provided in the article, openly tell you that the tweaks the provide may or MAY NOT improve performance in a notable manner. Many of the tweaks are aimed at addressing stuttering issues, help to avoid freezing issues, etc in addition to actual speed. Most all of the benchmark programs out there are directly basing their 'scoring' on how Windows itself accesses the drive. Whereas, you can make changes that you will will actually see, i.e. having your temp, tmp, cache folders on a different drive. If these are on your SSD then their is data faily constantly be written to SSD which slows the overall performance when you are using it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X