DDR3 triple channel help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 triple channel help please

Hi all, I need some help with my 12gb Ripjaw DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 4gbx3 CL9-9-9-24 1.5v ram.
    I have my old i7 920DO overclocked to 4ghz with gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo and 6gb ram. It was maxing out the ram so I bought 12gb triple channel kit. The overclock has been stable and running for years now without issue. What ram settings will I require to get it (if possible), back to the 4ghz overclock with the 12gb ram. I dod need to get this sorted ASAP as I need the pc for photo/video editing.

ok, so far I have overclocked the CPU to 4ghz using the Gigabyte guide. In doing so, I had to reduce the memory frequency to 1200mhz. I am running a test now and I am getting 69 degrees C under full cpu stress so that's fine, but what do I now need to do to get the ram back up to specs?
    Is it also possible to get the overclock to 4.2?

Comment

i think I may have it .. running prime95 now to see if all is stable. ram at correct values and 4ghz overclock. Turbo is not enabled yet and for some reason the system is cooler now than before at 4ghz ???
      Is it worth going for a higher overclock without turbo enabled or just enable turbo and see if it still runs ok?

Comment

Use a memory benchmark test to see how they perform, then you can choose which is more suitable.

Comment

Working...
        X