Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skll DDR4 Kits for Asus Z370 Boards

Hi all,

I am getting ready to start shopping for a Z370 build with an I7-8700K and 32 gigs of DDR4 Ram. I am coming from X299 and have some concerns about the Z370 platform being dual channel verses quad channel. I have read that a 2-stick kit will likely have better OC potential than a 4-stick kit, and it leaves 2 slots open (on a 4 slot board) for expansion.

What confuses me is that in the G.Skill pull downs, they list dual channel, quad channel, and dual/quad channel. Some 4-stick models like F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ only show up if I select dual/quad channel. If I select Dual Channel only, speeds go from 3000 MHz to 3333 MHz, skipping right over 3200 MHz.

Asus Z370 boards are listed in the QVL for F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ and F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ but not for F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ. This model's QVL is limited to Z170. Why is that? Is the QVL just not updated?

In summary, am I OK picking from the dual channel offerings like F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ even though Asus Z370 are not listed in the QVL for this model? And why does the F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ only show up in dual/quad channel but lists Z370 on its QVL?

Thanks for any advice. I need to clear this up soon as I am hoping for some Black Friday magic.

Yes, QVL is not updated and it has limited memory models to begin with.

Follow the G.Skill QVL for ideal results.

Some kits are compatible with multiple chip sets, some not, some only have XMP for dual channel boards, others for quad channel, etc. In any case, it is best to follow the G.Skill QVL.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Yes, QVL is not updated and it has limited memory models to begin with.

Follow the G.Skill QVL for ideal results.

Some kits are compatible with multiple chip sets, some not, some only have XMP for dual channel boards, others for quad channel, etc. In any case, it is best to follow the G.Skill QVL.
      I would love to follow the G.Skill QVL but sometimes they seem to be out of date. There are Asus Z370 boards that list G. Skill kits, but when I look at the G.Skill kit QVL, Z370 is not even listed at all. For example, G. Skill F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ is listed on Asus Z370 motherboards QVL but on G. Skill site, this kit only lists 3 Asus Z170 boards.

I guess some G. Skill QVL lists are not updated as often as Asus so I will stick with the Asus QVL lists. I do want to ensure I end up with Samsung B-Die. Can you confirm that the following kits are Samsung B-Die?

F4-3200C16D-32GTZ
      F4-3200C15D-32GTZ
      F4-3200C14D-32GTZ

I read an OC.net post that said only CAS14 are guaranteed to be Samsung B-Die. All of these are listed on Asus Z370 QVL and the G.Skill QVL for these all list Asus Z370. It's only the F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ that does not list Asus Z370 but is on the Asus QVL.

Thanks !

Comment

Each company has different guidelines and hardware to test. G.Skill QVL is the only list that means the rated specs are certified capable. Typically that is not the case when it comes to motherboard QVLs.

Only C14 3200 is B, the others are not.

Comment

OK I guess that makes sense. At least it makes sense that GSKILL will only "guarantee" combinations listed in GSKILL QVL.

How about the F4-3000C14Q-32GTZ? Lower bin but still CL14. Are these Samsung B-Die? I figure I can get these to 3200MHz with a little tweaking and they are a little cheaper (though still outrageously over $400) in the USA.

Thx!

Comment

Working...
          X