With 2 ssd's falcon 64gb: Awful issues and terrible problems, lost data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With 2 ssd's falcon 64gb: Awful issues and terrible problems, lost data

Hi. I'm G.Skill client from very long time ago. I usually buy ssd and memories of your company. Now writing from the hirens boot cd - parted magic because the two falcon ssd 64gb i have in raid 0 mode at my pc computer have failed and windows does not start. I lost a minimum of 1 month work. I do backups every 45-60 days, I can not make a backup every day. First fails one of two ssd's, sometimes worked and sometimes not... sometimes bios detect it and sometimes not, finally the bios does not detect it never. I have a usb adapter for sata hd's, i decide to try it with this in one laptop of family. Incredible, programs like crystaldiskinfo or ssdlife at windows laptop detect the ssd and say that the ssd is in good health!! ...I do not understand anything...but the ssd in this laptop has problems too, is detected but fails when attempting to format and windows can not assign a drive letter. I've tried the other ssd and works well, i can format it if i want and windows assigns a letter correctly and detects as a new hd unit. After all this, again i tried that the sdd worked at pc computer with your normal sata function connected to main board asus, get it worked one time pluggin and unpluggin in direct or hot format. I install hirens boot cd and parted magic for format with disk erasing in internal secure mode the damaged ssd and the other fine ssd too, in this format mode the program did it in one second per each ssd (strangely very quickly). After this operation the ssd's works fine. Everything seemed ok and I went back a use raid 0 mode and install windows again. All works fine for a few hours including windows, etc..., but one of the times i restart windows another again the bios message at screen"detecting sata port one" and blocking and fails raid and again the same problem, the bios only detect one sdd and not the other, but what a surprise that now fails the other ssd that was fine before, i continuous do not understand anything. The great problem now is that this other ssd that now fails for now its impossible make it work, don't work now! why??? bios don't detect never, i do what i do, never. A moment ago this ssd just working and windows had booted....PLEASE, WHAT CAN I DO? ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS AWFUL ISSUES? HAVE 72 HOURS TRYING TO SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS!! thank you very much in advance

2 ssd are FM-64GBF1 25S2S FALCON 64GB firmware version 2030, MAINBOARD ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 with g.skill memory 6gb ddr3 1600

Hi again. I answer myself...still any help from G.skill...I write this in case my experience can help someone with the same or similar problems I'm satisfied.
    Finally at moment I've fixed the damaged ssd's. How? one of them was not working in any way, but i tried this end metod: i placed the jumper then in this way the computer has been detected them and yes, now working miraculously, in this way first i do a downgrade to 1916 firmware revision, second i do a upgrade from 1916 to firmware 2030, and magically now work fine (at moment), then i created raid 0 again with the two ssd's and i installed last backup of windows i had and now everything is fine at moment. (i hope good luck and never again to fail)

conclusion: the firmware of this ssd devices is extremely fragile, it's a bad bug. I thought these devices were more reliable, was a mistake. I also thought that ssd's were damaged and lost. At moment not, but i'll see with the time...

Thank you all who read this

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, and we're very appreciate about your experience/solution for the SSD.

Will inform our TECH department about your experience, again, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
        Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, and we're very appreciate about your experience/solution for the SSD.

Will inform our TECH department about your experience, again, thank you!
        A little late but thanks for the reply. The truth is I'm still having problems, system not stable even, again after two days system crash, and another again i had to put the jumper and make some reinstallations of firmware, cleanings, downgrade and upgrade, and "format with disk erasing in internal secure mode" several times. Now the system, as i was saying, continuous having problems, crashes, windows often makes scandisk to restart for repairing damaged files or system, etc...I have some screenshots of when I performed the firmware upgrade. In the cleaning and update operations one of the ssd's produces some errors, here below this screenshots:

CLEANING SSD ONE:

CLEANING SSD TWO:

FIRMWARE UPDATE SSD TWO (firmware update of ssd one without any error message, i don't have screenshot) :

According to these images and information , is there any finding? any conclusion?....is something wrong?

Thank you

Comment

Have you ever done the secure erase(clean function with 1916) first, then install the firmware?

It's seems like some banks were defective, please kindly clean the SSD first and try again, if the problem still remained, please contact with our RMA department.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X