Restore data from Falcon that disappeared from BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore data from Falcon that disappeared from BIOS

My system disk - FM-25S2S-128GBF1 recently disappeared from BIOS. I can only see "barefoot" disk with jumper. I didn't attempt to reflash it, because I need to recover some files from this disk. How can I do this?

Hi anatoli,

I am sorry I have to say your firmware had already been lost.
    you have to reinstall it.
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to get your files back.
    please use FW 1916 clean tool and upgrade to 1916.
    then upgrade to 2030.

Comment

I've done everything as you've said and brought back my SSD. Now its 6 months later I've noticed that some files on my system are physically unreadable. When I boot from a USB drive and try to backup disk with dd from Linux - there are a lot of messages about failed sector read.

Should I reformat the disk or do the same procedure with 1916 downgrade, clean and upgrade to 2030? Is there a way to increase reliability of this Falcon SSD?

Comment

Dear anatoli,
        Solid state drives that use flash memory have a limited number of writes over the life of the drive, it will cause some errors after long term using. if you still under 2 years warranty, we'll going to replace it for you.

Comment

Unfortunately, 2 years passed two months ago. HDTune reported 0.2% of damaged blocks, which is about 240Mb. But still it was a pleasant experience. This HDD worths every cent I've paid for it, but the next one I'm going to order is probably Intel with 5 years of warranty and seems like its more power effective too.

So, thanks for your work and introducing this entry level SSD to the market. It really helped me and my friends feel the progress is moving again. The only advice I can give you is to remove MTBF row from SSD spec. 1500000 hours is 171 years and that's just silly. For my model it appeared to be 15000 hours, so you've probably put a percentage sign on the wrong place in your formula. )

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=124

Comment

Hi anatoli,

maybe i can do a little things for you, please send a email to rma@gskill with this thread, i'll ask the RMA department fix the problem with two month extended warranty. let me know if you need any help! again,
            thank you for choosing G.SKILL

Comment

Working...
            X