4.2 firmware problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 firmware problem?

anyone run into problem(s) after updating to the 4.2 firmware? i noticed that when i issue a restart from windows, it'll shutdown but consistently get a 'no signal' and windows and bios doesn't post. if i physically press the reset button then a few seconds later, bios will post and all is well. i didn't seem to notice this right away after updating the firmware. i originally thought it was the updated video drivers that i had installed. i went back to the original drivers but it still didn't fix the problem. i've tried replugging the hdmi cable from monitor to video card when it goes to 'no signal' but it doesn't help. then i remembered that i had recently updated the ssd firmware to 4.2. besides the firmware update and video drivers, windows updates are the only pieces of software that's been added on. i wouldn't think windows updates could cause such a problem.

has anyone run into a similar issue with this firmware on their rig or something entirely different?

Start Windows, uninstall your video drivers, shut down system - start up system (not restart, but actually shut down and start up again). Let Windows install the generic video drivers, after which shut down again and start up again (not restart), and once the system booted up - restart from Windows. Did that fix it? If not, please provide the following info: does the problem only happen when you restart from Windows - but not if you shut down and cold boot? Another thing - what are your specs? Is your monitor set to Auto Source, or something like that? If it is, can you switch to manual (select the source you use, in your case it sounds like it's HDMI). Your issue really doesn't sound like it's in any shape or form related to your SSD firmware, but I'm sure we can figure it out.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.8Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.1)
    Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI GeForce GTX560 @ default factory OC (830/1660/4008)
    8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 4x2GB @ 800Mhz
    Corsair 650TX psu
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
    G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (firmware 4.2)& 5.5TB combined HDD
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Samsung P2770 via DVI
    Case air cooled
    BIOS and drivers always up-to-date

Comment

this only occurs when doing a 'restart' from windows. if a shutdown is issued, it'll go down and power on like normal. i never experienced this problem with the old video drivers. at this point, i don't suspect the video drivers because i switched back to the old drivers, which i never had this issue with, each time using drive sweeper in safe mode and the problem is still there. if it had anything to do with the monitor, there'd be a black screen regardless of whether it's being restarted or shutdown. the only problem at this point i've got with my rig is the 'restart' issue.

phenom II 1050t @ 3.5ghz
      g.skill ddr3 1600 8gb
      g.skill 120gb sniper ssd
      asrock m3a770de
      amd/ati 6970
      samsung 32" lcd 1080p

i may try going back to 4.0 firmware on the ssd.

Comment

resolved after reinstalling vid drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X