Features Firmware Gkill PHOENIX PRO 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Firmware Gkill PHOENIX PRO 4.2

Features Firmware 4.2 What improvements??

Dear all,
    as i know, this 4.2 firmware is publish for producton side, it's not for fixing any issues,This firmware is
    recommended for OEM testing.

Comment

Dear all,
      as i know, this 4.2 firmware is publish for Added Enhanced Security Erase methods supporting military erase protocols and some new FW configurations.

Comment

Erase with what?

Comment

So, when is 4.6 coming out with the new GUI, and adding Secure Erase to it?

Why I ask that? because G.Skill and OCZ both use Sandforce and both have very similar update, is just G.Skill haven't change to the new GUI yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog54 View Post
            Erase with what?
            Enhanced Security Erase. I think it means with Secure Erase and many other like it. You do know normal formating and deleting data in your SSD still have information left behind? If some one delete a file and then going to a store to get data recovery tool to recover the file. Secure Erase and many others will try to make it impossible to recover it back.

I used to use this:
            http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
            and then use HDDerase - Secure Erase

OCZ Firmware tool have this already in their Firmware tool with Secure Erase. Not sure why G.Skill haven't change their GUI and add Secure Erase to it yet.. hmmm it been a while too that OCZ had it.

Comment

Working...
            X