Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software] Changelog (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Trident Z RGB Software] Changelog (OUTDATED)

Changelog:

v1.00.28
    - Added AMD X399, Intel Z370 support.
    - All LED lighting groups can now be independently controlled.

Note: With the added support for X399 and Z370 chipsets, the software is now out of beta. If upon updating the software, and the lighting is not controllable from the software, please close the software, go to "Task Manager" -> "Services" tab (or go to "Run" dialog and enter "services.msc"), find "LightingService", right click on it and choose to "Restart" (or "Stop service" and "Start service"), then open the software again. This should allow the software to sync up with the modules for lighting control.

v1.00.22 BETA
    - Background service has been renamed to "LightingService"
    - Lighting effect settings for Static, Breathing, Strobing, and Cycle are no longer stored in module memory
    - Improved software compatibilty and stability

NOTES:
    This version should help resolve the "unlit" module lighting. After you install the new version, click on "Default", shut down the system, cut power for about a minute, then boot. If that doesn't work, please try switching the modules in the DIMM slots. Please also do make sure that when doing this, that your motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version and that the modules are installed in the proper slots (if it's a 2-module kit in a 4-slot motherboard).

If that doesn't bring back the lighting back to the default rainbow wave, then contact our tech support team at techsupport@gskill.com with your system information. If the hardware setup checks out, then it's likely that an RMA replacement will be required.

v1.00.16 BETA
    - Added X99 support. (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock)
    - Added version number on lower right corner. (Please include this in tech support emails.)
    - Expanded support across Intel Z270, Intel Z170, and AMD X370 motherboards.

v1.00.08 BETA
    - Initial release.
    - Support for Intel 200-series chipset motherboards. Partial support for Intel 100-series chipset and AMD 300-series chipset motherboards. No support for Intel X99 chipset motherboards.

Download Page: http://gskill.com/en/download/view/t...-z-rgb-control
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 02-04-2020, 10:25 PM. Reason: This changelog is for an old software version that is no longer available and is no longer supported.

Its been 2 months, finally a new beta comes out (.0.22) and the program still does not detect my RAM. What do I do now Great Skill?

Also, its been 3 weeks and I have not heard back from your engineers.

Edit: added these messages form Event Viewer-

Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59244199
    Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59244199
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000a504
    Faulting process id: 0x1580
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d7ca8933eceb
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\1.00.01\LightingService.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\1.00.01\LightingService.exe
    Report Id: 8bd96fb4-5f76-4ae7-958e-502930e75477
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

The LightingService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).
    Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 05-28-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

unfortunately my all rams, (4 rams) not working RGB now, before this version three rams work fine, only one ram have issue, but now nothing, all dead, fed up with RGB rams,

Comment

fixed my dead stick, and no longer throws an error code on my motherboard. thanks!

Comment

x2thaz,

May we ask which motherboard do you have?

Malinga,

Does the software open (and just not control)? Or does it give you an error message? And can you let us know your motherboard model and BIOS version? The new version should properly cover the previously supported motherboards. Please let us know or PM us with the information, so we don't miss it.

Thanks!

Comment

Z170 Asus Gene VIII MB
            [Trident Z RGB] F4-3600C16D-16GTZR

v1.00.22 BETA

CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. programs don't work/become unresponsive when RGB software is enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
              x2thaz,

May we ask which motherboard do you have?

Malinga,

Does the software open (and just not control)? Or does it give you an error message? And can you let us know your motherboard model and BIOS version? The new version should properly cover the previously supported motherboards. Please let us know or PM us with the information, so we don't miss it.

Thanks!
              GA-Z270X-Gaming-7
              new bios version

sometimes software says no rams module and sometime directly goes to dump window

Comment

Same old issues from v1.16

after being hopeful that these issues would finally be fix . No surprise that they are not.
                My list of things I tried . Steps 1 to 10 supplied by Gskill repeated at least 15 times. multiple restarts at least 40. switching ram slots 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 etc. On and off at least 60 times and deletes and reinstalls possible 30 times at least . My restore points recorded is ridiculous.
                To Gskill in your rush to bring out your new product you have forgot the most important thing in business , your REPUTATION . I for one am dissatisfied. In building my brand new pc this is the only component that does not function as advertised. It is not up to me to show you what needs to be fix. That's why I paid you. My problem After One day I I started my new pc build and now only one led displays all was working fine when I shut it down.

Right now I am searching your competitors namely Corsair Ram RGB. Which has RGB software , Not in Beta !

My Specs
                MSI motherboard Gaming 5 updated lastest version
                Intel i7 7700k CPU
                Windoiws 7 Ultimate 64Bit
                Crucible SSD 275 GB

As you can see nothing unusual

Comment

how to install v1.00.22 BETA

even though it made no difference to me I could help others install this update
                  1. uninstall previous version
                  2. it is still present in My Computer delete gskill file and asledfille folder or lightingled folder
                  3. install version v1.0022
                  4. go to services in windows lightinglservice folder, click start, because it won't start automaticlly????????
                  5. shut down pc completely PULL THE CORD OUT, WAIT 3 MINUTES
                  6. START your pc wait till completely started up( you should see your leds in default rainbow by now.)
                  7. open gskill program Goodluck.

Comment

New bug

Lighting stalls if you do a restart and not a shutdown and start
                    My Specs
                    MSI motherboard Gaming 5 updated lastest version
                    Intel i7 7700k CPU
                    Windoiws 7 Ultimate 64Bit
                    Crucible SSD 275 GB

Comment

At this point I would be surprised if they got it working by CES 2018. GREAT SKILL

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
                        At this point I would be surprised if they got it working by CES 2018. GREAT SKILL
                        That is good. Nice one.

Comment

I agree

LOL that sounds about wright.

Comment

and they just announced a new line of RGB TridentZ for AMD motherboards, without even fixing these or getting out of beta yet! HAHAHAHA

Comment

holy **** fix this ram please

Comment

Working...
                              X