ETA on the next revision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joneshw01 View Post
    This is real sad. i got the ram for the lighting. Now I only have 2 dark sticks. as far as ram goes they work great but i bought them for the lights. If they don't come up with a fix by the time i get the money for new ram I'm going Corsair. Should done that at first........
    I agree with you 100%. I got it because of the lighting as well. They work just not at the speed they advertise because I'm on Ryzen and I know is not Gskills fault. Not mad about that at all. A fix is coming soon to the motherboard that will fix that, hopefully. But is the customer service that's horrible and the lighting does not work as they say it should. They said on February they were going to have a release and we are on May and is still on beta. What if they don't fix the issue? What are they going to do? Well according to the Email's from them. They don't give refunds. So technically we are screwed. So disappointed. I got an email from them that the two ram sticks they are going to replace are on back order. That's great. More waiting to fix something that is not the users fault. Plus they are not going to compensate me with any money for going to two sticks instead of four. Last time I checked it was cheaper. They screwed me over good. Never buying anything from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucubanito07 View Post
      I agree with you 100%. I got it because of the lighting as well. They work just not at the speed they advertise because I'm on Ryzen and I know is not Gskills fault. Not mad about that at all. A fix is coming soon to the motherboard that will fix that, hopefully. But is the customer service that's horrible and the lighting does not work as they say it should. They said on February they were going to have a release and we are on May and is still on beta. What if they don't fix the issue? What are they going to do? Well according to the Email's from them. They don't give refunds. So technically we are screwed. So disappointed. I got an email from them that the two ram sticks they are going to replace are on back order. That's great. More waiting to fix something that is not the users fault. Plus they are not going to compensate me with any money for going to two sticks instead of four. Last time I checked it was cheaper. They screwed me over good. Never buying anything from them again.
      Class action lawsuit would probably be the next logical step and seem to be quite effective in the tech industry.
      --------------------------------------------
      Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
      i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
      16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
      NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Originally posted by fullerphoto View Post
        Class action lawsuit would probably be the next logical step and seem to be quite effective in the tech industry.
        If by November they have not fixed the issue, I'll be getting in touch with them again and see what they say. If is not good, then I'll probably have to see what can be done with a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by fullerphoto View Post
          Was thinking the same thing

Comment

Yeah, I bought what I thought was a fully functioning software controllable set of RGB RAM modules. That's not what I got and we're several months in now. They haven't released a new beta software in more than a month, have only released two total beta software, and the RAM I bought in early February has never had a non-beta software. This has never been software controllable RGB RAM. Not yet.

Now they are officially saying they cannot make it work. It will take Mobo manufactures to make it work for their mobos. I have little hope that Gigabyte has any interest in making G.Skill RAM RGB using ASUS software work on their mobos. G.Skill partnered with ASUS on this thing. It should have been made clear that this RAM was for ASUS mobo users. It was not.

This had the potential to be the focal point of my new computer build. It has mostly been an eyesore. I am far less likely to buy G.Skill products going forward. They haven't really been very active in finding solutions for their misrepresented product.
            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
            Intel i5 7600k
            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Gameface View Post
              Can you guys put an ETA on when the next software revision will be available?
              "Soon".tm

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
                "Soon".tm

hehe
                Don't hold your breath?

Comment

I wouldn't. Customer service and Quality of products have dipped immensely in 2017. I don't expect them, to be very competitive in 2018 if this keeps up.

Comment

It seems they have mostly stopped responding in the forums.

I think they have no solution. I don't think their RGB can be software controllable as they claimed when they sold it to us. They have never released a non-beta software.

How long do we have to wait until we all get full refunds?
                    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                    Intel i5 7600k
                    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

I will help the people with X99 ASUS

Ok this info is for people that have X99 strix or rampage V edition 10, but I think the solution will work for all the people that have Asus RGB motherboards ... Asus have released AURA version 1.04.31 . BUT THIS VERSION IS NOT LISTED UNDER X99 MOTHERBOARDS, so you have to go to the another motherboard support page. I used this motherboard : ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING , is the first one, and download the Aura software. ATTENTION !!! DO NOT INSTALL IT !!!, first you must uninstall gskill software, reboot the pc, clean BIOS SETTINGS, and re-enable the SPD. Step 2 uninstall any AURA software you previously installed, restart the pc ... NOW you can install that version and you will see all your videocards (I use 1080 TI in SLI MODE 2 pieces), and ALL YOUR RAM WILL BE THERE !!! EVERY PIECE OF RAM AND EVERY PIECE OFF LED WILL BE SHOWN THERE AND YOU CAN CONTROL IT !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

P.S. ... I don't know if the RAM will still loose memory of the light or go off, I just install it ... in time we will see... If in the end it will break again I will go on corsair rgb and forget about gskill 4ever !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gameface View Post
                        It seems they have mostly stopped responding in the forums.

I think they have no solution. I don't think their RGB can be software controllable as they claimed when they sold it to us. They have never released a non-beta software.

How long do we have to wait until we all get full refunds?

Doubtful we'll get refunds, only hope is if you are still within the return window from where you purchased it. BUT if you're like me and put your faith in the company that made the RAM and waited for the software updates you're well out of the return window and basically screwed as the customer support doesn't bother to respond half the time and have said that they don't offer refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiBee View Post
                          Doubtful we'll get refunds, only hope is if you are still within the return window from where you purchased it. BUT if you're like me and put your faith in the company that made the RAM and waited for the software updates you're well out of the return window and basically screwed as the customer support doesn't bother to respond half the time and have said that they don't offer refunds.
                          This is me

Comment

Isnt this similar to the GTX 970 issue? Where they said it was 4gig but was actually 3.5 and ended up being sued for product liability or something?

Comment

Sounds familiar

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                                The next software version is still currently under development this week. We'll see if we can find out more about the status on the development process and get back to you guys in the next week.

We've also already put in a request for directional change option in the software, but I believe the software priority is still on bugs and improve compatibility over new features.

Thank you for the feedback, we really do appreciate it when we hear back from our users.
                                So, about that update?

Comment

Working...
                                X